By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka-Laylee E3 2016 Trailer

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

90s Arcade Racer and Project Cars were (officially) in production for Wii U for years before being cancelled.

They realised Wii U is dying and NX is coming sometime in future, but Yooka-Laylee devolpers are even more aware of those facts beacuse Wii U is dead and NX coming in just 9 monts. Like I wrote, if they relly had some doubts or ditch plans about Wii U verision they would annuced right now, instead they talk about Wii U version and said they will do Wii U version iteself and that will be one of best versions of game.

They say that now, but in a few months time when NX offers a comparatively painless option compared with porting to Wii U, they'll probably give up on trying to wrestle the game onto Wii U, and just take the easy way out by switching platforms. 

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

I would dearly love to be wrong about this, but I still expect both Yooka Laylee and Zelda to be canned for Wii U and shunted to NX.

If I'm wrong, you can make an "I told you so" thread mocking my pessimism, and I'll take it like a man and admit my poor judgement.

Nah I'll just say I told ya so in your wall and all fine :P

But you are not a real man, you didnt accepted my bet with Zelda.

With my perfect record of never having lost a bet, I only take bets where I judge my odds of winning to be almost 100%. With Zelda, I reckon it's around 50-50 as to whether it gets canned for Wii U, with Yooka Laylee maybe 80% chance it's canned. Not quite high enough for me to be confident risking my bet record. :P

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

They realised Wii U is dying and NX is coming sometime in future, but Yooka-Laylee devolpers are even more aware of those facts beacuse Wii U is dead and NX coming in just 9 monts. Like I wrote, if they relly had some doubts or ditch plans about Wii U verision they would annuced right now, instead they talk about Wii U version and said they will do Wii U version iteself and that will be one of best versions of game.

They say that now, but in a few months time when NX offers a comparatively painless option compared with porting to Wii U, they'll probably give up on trying to wrestle the game onto Wii U, and just take the easy way out by switching platforms. 

Game is now in finals stages of development, so worst part of probably passed, and like I wrote, they probably already working on NX port too, I am sure they will release game on NX too in other way.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Game is now in finals stages of development, so worst part of probably passed, and like I wrote, they probably already working on NX port too, I am sure they will release game on NX too in other way.

If it comes out in Q1 2017, it's not out of the woods yet. That's up to 9 months from finished. Project Cars for Wii U was less than 6 months from its alleged release window when it was cancelled.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

If it comes out in Q1 2017, it's not out of the woods yet. That's up to 9 months from finished. Project Cars for Wii U was less than 6 months from its alleged release window when it was cancelled.

Its not out of woods but it in final stages of development. Wii U version of Project Cars was problematic from start, very early they said they having problem to maintain stable FPS, several times was delayed and later confirmed that want be out in same time with other versions and at end it was canceled when they saw Wii U will be dead in near future. Thats totaly difrent from Yooka-Laylee situation where devolpers basicly said Wii U version will be one best versions and they give Wii U version "right atention" and where Wii U is already dead. Also, they eariler said they love Wii U and they are huge Nintendo fans, and they know that game like this make lota sense even on that platfrom beacuse can still have solid sale.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Its not out of woods but it in final stages of development. Wii U version of Project Cars was problematic from start, very early they said they having problem to maintain stable FPS, several times was delayed and later confirmed that want be out in same time with other versions and at end it was canceled when they saw Wii U will be dead in near future. Thats totaly difrent from Yooka-Laylee situation where devolpers basicly said Wii U version will be one best versions and they give Wii U version "right atention" and where Wii U is already dead. Also, they eariler said they love Wii U and they are huge Nintendo fans, and they know that game like this make lota sense even on that platfrom beacuse can still have solid sale.

The "we love Nintendo, we're big fans" line gets carted out by like every third party who ever worked with Wii U, it doesn't necessarily prove anything. And the devs of other cancelled Wii U games also talked up how good the U version would be.

Wii U's difference in architecture and horsepower plus the fact this is a Unity title means development likely won't be smooth sailing. If things get too rough, and NX offers an easier option...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

The "we love Nintendo, we're big fans" line gets carted out by like every third party who ever worked with Wii U, it doesn't necessarily prove anything. And the devs of other cancelled Wii U games also talked up how good the U version would be.

Wii U's difference in architecture and horsepower plus the fact this is a Unity title means development likely won't be smooth sailing. If things get too rough, and NX offers an easier option...

They have totally different relationship to Nintendo than any other 3rd party because they made games exclusive to Nintendo they were like part of Nintendo, also fact is that game like this is great for Nintendo platform.

Again ignoring what I wrote, like I wrote, there will be NX version in any case they probably working on NX version too, but on Wii U game can also have solid sales.

CaptainExplosion said:
AZWification said:

It's great to see we are getting this. Maybe someday we will also get to play a legit Banjo Threeie.

Because of Microsoft's incompetence, don't hold your breath.

We almost got one, but it turned into...... yeah.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

They are now pretty far with development of a game, (they releasing game in 9 months) they itself working on Wii U and PC versions, so if they had any problems till now they overcame them and they continued with development.

90s Arcade Racer and Project Cars were (officially) in production for Wii U for years before being cancelled.

So 90s Arcade Racer has been officially canceled for Wii U?  First I've heard.  There's a rumor floating around but Wii U is still listed as a platform for the game on their site.  The rumor's source site has been deleted and Destructoid, iirc, got a quote from one of the developers stating it was still coming to everything, again directing attention to their official site rather than the random one that for some reason had every KS platform dropped in favor of Xbone and PS4.  Just saying, it isn't actually canceled.  There has never been a statement to that effect.  And unlike Project Cars, 90s Arcade Racer has had trailers specifically directed at the Wii U for some time.  In fact, has it not shown up in Directs?  I can't be sure but i think I recall that. 

Point is, they've already committed a lot more publicly than Slightly Mad so I'm waiting to see what happens.  And if it ever gets done at all, for any platform :P

hype is real

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

So 90s Arcade Racer has been officially canceled for Wii U?  First I've heard.  There's a rumor floating around but Wii U is still listed as a platform for the game on their site.  The rumor's source site has been deleted and Destructoid, iirc, got a quote from one of the developers stating it was still coming to everything, again directing attention to their official site rather than the random one that for some reason had every KS platform dropped in favor of Xbone and PS4.  Just saying, it isn't actually canceled.  There has never been a statement to that effect.  And unlike Project Cars, 90s Arcade Racer has had trailers specifically directed at the Wii U for some time.  In fact, has it not shown up in Directs?  I can't be sure but i think I recall that. 

Point is, they've already committed a lot more publicly than Slightly Mad so I'm waiting to see what happens.  And if it ever gets done at all, for any platform :P

The official product page at Nicalis (which is currently down and giving me a 404) was changed to list the game as "90s Super GP" and the platforms as PS4 and Xbox One.

The game's production has been a trainwreck from the start honestly, it was originally set to come out in 2013

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

They have totally different relationship to Nintendo than any other 3rd party because they made games exclusive to Nintendo they were like part of Nintendo, also fact is that game like this is great for Nintendo platform.

Again ignoring what I wrote, like I wrote, there will be NX version in any case they probably working on NX version too, but on Wii U game can also have solid sales.

But by bringing it to NX they can still claim they're honouring their pledge to Nintendo gamers and supporting Nintendo hardware. NX will likely be much easier to port to than Wii U, so it will be a tempting option to abandon the difficult job of porting to Wii U in favour of a relatively painless alternative.