By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka-Laylee E3 2016 Trailer

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

So 90s Arcade Racer has been officially canceled for Wii U?  First I've heard.  There's a rumor floating around but Wii U is still listed as a platform for the game on their site.  The rumor's source site has been deleted and Destructoid, iirc, got a quote from one of the developers stating it was still coming to everything, again directing attention to their official site rather than the random one that for some reason had every KS platform dropped in favor of Xbone and PS4.  Just saying, it isn't actually canceled.  There has never been a statement to that effect.  And unlike Project Cars, 90s Arcade Racer has had trailers specifically directed at the Wii U for some time.  In fact, has it not shown up in Directs?  I can't be sure but i think I recall that. 

Point is, they've already committed a lot more publicly than Slightly Mad so I'm waiting to see what happens.  And if it ever gets done at all, for any platform :P

The official product page at Nicalis (which is currently down and giving me a 404) was changed to list the game as "90s Super GP" and the platforms as PS4 and Xbox One.

The game's production has been a trainwreck from the start honestly, it was originally set to come out in 2013

Miyamotoo said:

They have totally different relationship to Nintendo than any other 3rd party because they made games exclusive to Nintendo they were like part of Nintendo, also fact is that game like this is great for Nintendo platform.

Again ignoring what I wrote, like I wrote, there will be NX version in any case they probably working on NX version too, but on Wii U game can also have solid sales.

But by bringing it to NX they can still claim they're honouring their pledge to Nintendo gamers and supporting Nintendo hardware. NX will likely be much easier to port to than Wii U, so it will be a tempting option to abandon the difficult job of porting to Wii U in favour of a relatively painless alternative. 

Yes, but on this site, their official site, it still lists Wii U and PC http://www.nicalis.com/games.php#

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

The official product page at Nicalis (which is currently down and giving me a 404) was changed to list the game as "90s Super GP" and the platforms as PS4 and Xbox One.

The game's production has been a trainwreck from the start honestly, it was originally set to come out in 2013

But by bringing it to NX they can still claim they're honouring their pledge to Nintendo gamers and supporting Nintendo hardware. NX will likely be much easier to port to than Wii U, so it will be a tempting option to abandon the difficult job of porting to Wii U in favour of a relatively painless alternative. 

Yes, but on this site, their official site, it still lists Wii U and PC http://www.nicalis.com/games.php#

Nicalis is notorious for not updating their website for months at a time. For example, before this recent news of its recent name/change and platform shift, we'd heard nothing new about the game since December.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

So 90s Arcade Racer has been officially canceled for Wii U?  First I've heard.  There's a rumor floating around but Wii U is still listed as a platform for the game on their site.  The rumor's source site has been deleted and Destructoid, iirc, got a quote from one of the developers stating it was still coming to everything, again directing attention to their official site rather than the random one that for some reason had every KS platform dropped in favor of Xbone and PS4.  Just saying, it isn't actually canceled.  There has never been a statement to that effect.  And unlike Project Cars, 90s Arcade Racer has had trailers specifically directed at the Wii U for some time.  In fact, has it not shown up in Directs?  I can't be sure but i think I recall that. 

Point is, they've already committed a lot more publicly than Slightly Mad so I'm waiting to see what happens.  And if it ever gets done at all, for any platform :P

Miyamotoo said:

They have totally different relationship to Nintendo than any other 3rd party because they made games exclusive to Nintendo they were like part of Nintendo, also fact is that game like this is great for Nintendo platform.

Again ignoring what I wrote, like I wrote, there will be NX version in any case they probably working on NX version too, but on Wii U game can also have solid sales.

Its not exatly same thing beacuse backers payed for Wii U version not NX version, also fact is that game can have solid sales on Wii U and NX beacuse game is perfect for Nintendo platforms.

Again, if they really have some plans for abandoning Wii U version perfect time would be to announce that right now and not actually saying that Wii U version will be one best versions and they giving Wii U version "right attention", they know Wii U at this point is very dead and they know that NX is coming in 9 monts and yet they said that.

Miyamotoo said:

Its not exatly same thing beacuse backers payed for Wii U version not NX version, also fact is that game can have solid sales on Wii U and NX beacuse game is perfect for Nintendo platforms.

Again, if they really have some plans for abandoning Wii U version perfect time would be to announce that right now and not actually saying that Wii U version will be one best versions and they giving Wii U version "right attention", they know Wii U at this point is very dead and they know that NX is coming in 9 monts and yet they said that.

Backers paid for Wii U versions of Project Cars and 90s Arcade Racer too. Playtonic will just claim that by bringing the game to NX, they're still delivering to Nintendo fans.

There's still plenty of time for them to cancel the Wii U version of Yooka Laylee, release is likely a good 9 months away. In that time, the difficulty of porting to Wii U will make a switch to NX a more and more tempting cop-out.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Backers paid for Wii U versions of Project Cars and 90s Arcade Racer too. Playtonic will just claim that by bringing the game to NX, they're still delivering to Nintendo fans.

There's still plenty of time for them to cancel the Wii U version of Yooka Laylee, release is likely a good 9 months away. In that time, the difficulty of porting to Wii U will make a switch to NX a more and more tempting cop-out.

Yes, but NX version dosent mean they will calm down people who payed for Wii U version of game, thats my point. 

There is plenty time but there is no sense, like I wrote several time and you keep ignoring some clear facts: game is in final stage of development so if they had some development problems they passed them buy now, Wii U is very dead buy now and NX coming in only 9 monts and they very aware of that and yet they keep talked specifically about Wii U version of game instead of just hinting of cancellation or something similar for Wii U version, they probably already working on NX version alongside with other versions so there is no canceling Wii U version in favour of NX verion beacuse there will be bouth versions, game will can have solid sales on both platforms so why would they cancel Wii U version if they can make money on that version too.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Yes, but NX version dosent mean they will calm down people who payed for Wii U version of game, thats my point. 

There is plenty time but there is no sense, like I wrote several time and you keep ignoring some clear facts: game is in final stage of development so if they had some development problems they passed them buy now, Wii U is very dead buy now and NX coming in only 9 monts and they very aware of that and yet they keep talked specifically about Wii U version of game instead of just hinting of cancellation or something similar for Wii U version, they probably already working on NX version alongside with other versions so there is no canceling Wii U version in favour of NX verion beacuse there will be bouth versions, game will can have solid sales on both platforms so why would they cancel Wii U version if they can make money on that version too.

9 months out from release is not the final stage of development. It's certainly not too late for platforms to be switched/cancelled.

If/when the U version is cancelled, I expect it will be because it's just too much work to port to compared to other platforms.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

9 months out from release is not the final stage of development. It's certainly not too late for platforms to be switched/cancelled.

If/when the U version is cancelled, I expect it will be because it's just too much work to port to compared to other platforms.

Its one of final stages of development, and I already wrote that isn't too late but it doesn't make any sense if we know all things that I mentioned.

Like I wrote, maybe will be canceled, but at this point with all thing we know (and that I several time wrote) that seems highly unlikely.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Its one of final stages of development, and I already wrote that isn't too late but it doesn't make any sense if we know all things that I mentioned.

Like I wrote, maybe will be canceled, but at this point with all thing we know (and that I several time wrote) that seems highly unlikely.

9 months out isn't final. It won't be in the final stage of development for months.

With NX on the horizon likely offering a far easier method of getting the game on a Nintendo platform, I don't fancy the Wii U version's chances. They'll take the easy (and cowardly) way out, scrap their Wii U work, and do an easy NX port.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

9 months out isn't final. It won't be in the final stage of development for months.

With NX on the horizon likely offering a far easier method of getting the game on a Nintendo platform, I don't fancy the Wii U version's chances. They'll take the easy (and cowardly) way out, scrap their Wii U work, and do an easy NX port.

We cant know if that is final, with informations we have now, those 9 months before launch are final.

I already wrote several times my answers on that and you just keep ignoring what I wrote. Again, some developers definitely knew more about NX than you and me I am pretty sure Yooka-Laylee devolpers already contacted Nintendo about NX version of game and that they already working on NX version too. 

Pls read what is already written, no need to repeat myself over and over again.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

We cant know if that is final, with informations we have now, those 9 months before launch are final.

I already wrote several times my answers on that and you just keep ignoring what I wrote. Again, some developers definitely knew more about NX than you and me I am pretty sure Yooka-Laylee already contacted Nintendo bout NX version of game and that they already working on NX version too. 

Pls read what is already written, no need to repeat myself over and over again.

9 months out is not final, especially for a game of this calibre. This ain't Zelda or Uncharted we're talking about.

They probably already are working on an NX version, or at least planning it, and as that continues smoothly while Wii U porting proves rough due to differences in architecture and horsepower, it will be increasingly tempting to drop the more troublesome platform in favour of the easier one.