By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka-Laylee E3 2016 Trailer

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

We also heard that about Fast Racing Neo and there you have it, running gorgeous on the WiiU since December.
You said the same about Zelda and you are gonna be wrong in both cases.

I would dearly love to be wrong about this, but I still expect both Yooka Laylee and Zelda to be canned for Wii U and shunted to NX.

If I'm wrong, you can make an "I told you so" thread mocking my pessimism, and I'll take it like a man and admit my poor judgement.

I dont think it will be canned. Many backers want the WiiU version. It will probably be on both.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

I would dearly love to be wrong about this, but I still expect both Yooka Laylee and Zelda to be canned for Wii U and shunted to NX.

If I'm wrong, you can make an "I told you so" thread mocking my pessimism, and I'll take it like a man and admit my poor judgement.

I dont think it will be canned. Many backers want the WiiU version. It will probably be on both.

A lot of backers of 90s Arcade Racer wanted the Wii U version too. And if they bump it to NX they can claim they are still serving Nintendo gamers.

curl-6 said:

Looks fantastic, but at this point I expect the Wii U version to be canned just like with Project Cars and 90s Arcade Racer, and moved to NX.

Yeah, I know, they're doing a song and dance about how its definitely coming to Wii U and how good that version will be, but we've heard that before...

http://blog.nicalis.com/2014/02/update-90s-arcade-racer-and-wii-u/

""The development is moving along well... getting running on Wii U much easier than expected" 

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/interview/slightly-mad-interview-andy-tudor-project-cars-wii-u/

"I literally just had a blast racing around one of our tracks in the rain (the most graphically-intensive weather setting) and it held up pretty damn well. Of course, there are optimizations still to be done, but side-by-side, the Wii U version we have running in the studio is extremely promising."

"There are no plans to abuse that trust when it comes to the Wii U version."

I don't think so. Since they're using the Unity engine, porting of the game won't be very hard.

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

A lot of backers of 90s Arcade Racer wanted the Wii U version too. And if they bump it to NX they can claim they are still serving Nintendo gamers.

If the Wii U is the lead platform, like the team is saying, then you have your answer already.  There'd be zero downside to releasing it on Wii U then, since it'd be done first and probably best there, with there probably being an NX launch port as well. 

The only game where Wii U was the lead platform that may not come out for sure is Zelda, and frankly I'm not even sure how long Zelda U was actually a mainly Wii U game at this point. Comparing this to other small third party games doesn't exactly work since in many of the examples you listed the Wii U version was a late port. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

WolfpackN64 said:
curl-6 said:

Looks fantastic, but at this point I expect the Wii U version to be canned just like with Project Cars and 90s Arcade Racer, and moved to NX.

Yeah, I know, they're doing a song and dance about how its definitely coming to Wii U and how good that version will be, but we've heard that before...

""The development is moving along well... getting running on Wii U much easier than expected" 

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/interview/slightly-mad-interview-andy-tudor-project-cars-wii-u/

"I literally just had a blast racing around one of our tracks in the rain (the most graphically-intensive weather setting) and it held up pretty damn well. Of course, there are optimizations still to be done, but side-by-side, the Wii U version we have running in the studio is extremely promising."

I don't think so. Since they're using the Unity engine, porting of the game won't be very hard.

90s Arcade Racer also used Unity.

DivinePaladin said:
curl-6 said:

If the Wii U is the lead platform, like the team is saying, then you have your answer already.  There'd be zero downside to releasing it on Wii U then, since it'd be done first and probably best there, with there probably being an NX launch port as well. 

The only game where Wii U was the lead platform that may not come out for sure is Zelda, and frankly I'm not even sure how long Zelda U was actually a mainly Wii U game at this point. Comparing this to other small third party games doesn't exactly work since in many of the examples you listed the Wii U version was a late port. 

They could well finish the parallel-developed PC version ahead of the Wii U version. Hell, if the Wii U version runs into problems, (As tends to happen with Unity games on the platform, the engine often doesn't play well with the Wii U's hardware) the PS4 and Xbone versions could be finished first as well. At that point it might be easier to just do a quick port to NX rather than take the time to sort out the Wii U version.

They'd be colossal douchebags for doing that after promising Wii U owners they'd get the game, but third party developers behaving like douchebags is not an unheard of concept

Around the Network
jnk4 said:

im curios if it will really come to wii u or if they will cancel that version and made an nx version. Wii U version could be hard to make (alot less power then competition, only power pc based device)

ill get it for my ps4 anyways, will have better graphics/resolution/framerate then on my wii u

jnk4 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It will, they have been talking about a WiiU version since before the rest of the consoles were confirmed, they were really interested on bring this game to the console and I'm sure they will try their best to do it, graphics are nice but it doesnt look like something the console can't handle and is probably gonna be very profitable, is the perfect audience for a game like this and there are not many 3D platformers on the system.

Also I suspect they have prepared and amiibo, they were really interested in that and since Yatch Club did it with Shovel Knight, I bet Playtonic will do it too.

if release is q2 2017 or later i think they will release on nx instead of wii u.

Look at Project cars.

Maybe, just maybe they will release on wii u AND nx, but i doubt it wont come to nx if the game released after nx came out.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/yooka-laylee-delayed-to-2017-playtonic-internally-handling-wii-u-and-pc-versions/0167997

It will be on Wii U and on NX too.

curl-6 said:

They basically said Wii U version is lead version of game, if they really want to canned Wii U version now would be best time to announce that, an actual confirmed Wii U version and said that is basically lead version of game.

Reagrdles Wii U verion, I am pretty sure they will port game for NX also.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

We also heard that about Fast Racing Neo and there you have it, running gorgeous on the WiiU since December.
You said the same about Zelda and you are gonna be wrong in both cases.

IMO Zelda is basicly done at this point and only reason why is delayed is NX version. Do you relly think they will canned version of game that is basicly already done and that will sell at least 1m (not to mention that on E3 now they will show exactly the same version)!?

That doenst make any sense, they didnt canned TP for GC also.

Game look great, looks like direct sequel to Banjo Kazooie 64. :)

Miyamotoo said:

They basically said Wii U version is lead version of game, if they really want to canned Wii U version now would be best time to announce that, an actual confirmed Wii U version and said that is basically lead version of game.

curl-6 said:

IMO Zelda is basicly done at this point and only reason why is delayed is NX version. Do you relly think they will canned version of game that is basicly already done and that will sell at least 1m (not to mention that on E3 now they will show exactly the same version)!?

Wii U isn't the lead platform. They are developing it internally on PC and porting it internally to Wii U. PC is the lead platform.

And yes, I think they will can Zelda for Wii U, because I think they will be so desperate to force people to upgrade to NX that they will use it as leverage.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wii U isn't the lead platform. They are developing it internally on PC and porting it internally to Wii U. PC is the lead platform.

And yes, I think they will can Zelda for Wii U, because I think they will be so desperate to force people to upgrade to NX that they will use it as leverage.

We naturally have so many backers who opted for Wii U. Because of the size of the team, we couldn’t take on all the consoles. You can imagine from a developer stand-point, that porting from PC to PS4 and Xbox One is slightly more straightforward than porting to Wii U.

I also think it feels right playing it on a Nintendo system to some people.

But the other versions will be fantastic as well.

Technical art director Mark Stevenson added: “We wanted to make sure that Wii U gets the right attention. There is a lot of nostalgia around Banjo, Banjo heralds from Rare’s Nintendo’s days, and we are all massive Nintendo fans as well.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/yooka-laylee-delayed-to-2017-playtonic-internally-handling-wii-u-and-pc-versions/0167997

He basically say Wii U version will be of one best versions, there is nothing from all this that you make just assume that they will canne Wii U version.

Just to be clear, they announced Wii U version of game in january 2013, they showed several times Wii U version, every time they talked about game they mentioned Wii U, at E3 Wii U version of Zelda will be only version of game, Wii U version of game is basically done, we already had basically same situation with TP and TP GC version wasn't canned, and you still think they will canned Wii U version!?

Wow, you really gives totally new meaning to pessimism.