By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF XII HD Remaster (PS4) Teaser Trailer

The Fury said:

DakonBlackblade said:
This will take forever to platinum if they put a trophy for the rare enemys in there...

They wouldn't be so cruel, would they?

Japanese devs love some griding, I woundt put it past them to require killing every single rare enemy at least once. Thatd single handedly make the plat a 200 hours endeavor.

Around the Network
Kowan said

Those are not just texture related improvements. Those are improved models. The faces have more polygons and the characters now have five fingers instead of two blocky ones. Hair improvement is also very apparent. How can you not see the different in polygon count, specially in the fingers and faces?

The only place where I'm definitely noticing more vertices are Fran's chin and fingers. The others might have had their fingers improved too, but I missed it earlier because Balthier's are shot from a bad angle and it looks like it could just be a texture trick (probably not, but I treated them as one because before I didn't notice any other differences either). And yeah, I suppose their hairs have been improved too. But overall, a lot seems to have stayed the same because there's still a lot of sharp angles everywhere and overall, most spots seem to have exactly the same geometry, and I missed the few spots where there may be improvements. And I still think most of the non-texture-related changes are really hard to notice unless you really try to find them. For example, in-game, there's not a lot of situations where you would look at any character's fingers.

BraLoD said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Japanese devs love some griding, I woundt put it past them to require killing every single rare enemy at least once. Thatd single handedly make the plat a 200 hours endeavor.

They just need to do a trophy about beating Yazmat at less than 3 hours, so you'll have to get well leveled before even trying to do it or one about mastering the license board, they can make a platinum trophy a 100+ hours trophy easily XP

Those tasks don't take nearly as long as hunting every single rare does. Leveling up is rather fast after you find that place with the infinite skeleton spawn. The rares tough, some of them take forever traveling across regions till you can make the thing spawn...

Never played it before. How good is this game?

Mystro-Sama said:
Never played it before. How good is this game?

Lets just say It's pretty damn sexy.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I've wanted this for so long. Unfortunately I've wanted it on my Vita for so long, but PS4 is good too.

Zkuq said:
Kowan said

Those are not just texture related improvements. Those are improved models. The faces have more polygons and the characters now have five fingers instead of two blocky ones. Hair improvement is also very apparent. How can you not see the different in polygon count, specially in the fingers and faces?

The only place where I'm definitely noticing more vertices are Fran's chin and fingers. The others might have had their fingers improved too, but I missed it earlier because Balthier's are shot from a bad angle and it looks like it could just be a texture trick (probably not, but I treated them as one because before I didn't notice any other differences either). And yeah, I suppose their hairs have been improved too. But overall, a lot seems to have stayed the same because there's still a lot of sharp angles everywhere and overall, most spots seem to have exactly the same geometry, and I missed the few spots where there may be improvements. And I still think most of the non-texture-related changes are really hard to notice unless you really try to find them. For example, in-game, there's not a lot of situations where you would look at any character's fingers.

I made a gif and the body definitely did'nt get much smoother geometry. The head and the hands mostly got the remodelling treatement. The lighting and texture mapping improvements are awesome though. I'm sure we'll see more improvements  next year. It's not uncommon for them to show improvements in a remaster in their trailers. They did it with FFX/X-2. 

BraLoD said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Those tasks don't take nearly as long as hunting every single rare does. Leveling up is rather fast after you find that place with the infinite skeleton spawn. The rares tough, some of them take forever traveling across regions till you can make the thing spawn...

I believe I found them all, but I'm saying you don't need to push anything on FF XII to make a platinum go over 100 hours, the game is damn long for itself.

True, simply completing it takes quite awhile.

I Have played hundreds of Hours of Final Fantasy XII and i can tell that the difference between the original and the remaster are noticeable.

This game also have the Zodiac Job System's version, Like Final Fantasy X the international version never launched outside of Japan.

Pinkie_pie said:
Looks good. I never played XII but i heard its one of the worst ff game ever.

You should play it, maybe you'll change your mind. 

Edit: I misread your comment at first, I should correct myself then. You should play it and decide for yourself, the general consensus on the internet I've seen is it's a good game.