By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF XII HD Remaster (PS4) Teaser Trailer

NobleTeam360 said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Looks good. I never played XII but i heard its one of the worst ff game ever.

You should play it, maybe you'll change your mind. 

He don't have a opinion yet because he don't know the game, He just heard  someone talking about the game.

FFXII is one of the biggest Final Fantasy games regarding Optional Content, the Rare Monsters + All the Hunts + All the Optional Boss + All the Espers are a hell to get and will take much more than 100 Hours to finish, This without getting all the Weapons and if you want to finish it without a Walkthrough will be impossible or will easily take Hundreds of hours to finish.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
NobleTeam360 said:

You should play it, maybe you'll change your mind. 

He don't have a opinion yet because he don't know the game, He just heard  someone talking about the game.

FFXII is one of the biggest Final Fantasy games regarding Optional Content, the Rare Monsters + All the Hunts + All the Optional Boss + All the Espers are a hell to get and will take much more than 100 Hours to finish, This without getting all the Weapons and if you want to finish it without a Walkthrough will be impossible or will easily take Hundreds of hours to finish.

Oh you're right, misread his comment lol. 

I am pretty excited and I have a confession:

When I was younger, my mom saw me playing the game and got interested (back on PS2)

She loved the animation, strategy, characters and challenges. She started playing it and got so good she passed me and beat every hunt. Its her favorite game. She will be ecstatic to learn its coming to PS4.

So, being a good son, now I have to buy her a PS4 and a copy of the game. (Thats two copies, one for me and one for her). She is gonna want to get all the trophies. She is gonna love being able to save videos and screenshots too. lol. Good times.

Final Fantasy brings families together ftw!

Updated OP so it's not completely barebones.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

pretty cool,but not for $50. I'll wait for a price drop on it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

Where did you find the price?  I can't find a listing.

CosmicSex said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

This is where I found the price: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/06/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-ps4-costs-49-99-full-list-features-detailed/

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Kowan said:
Zkuq said:

I made a gif and the body definitely did'nt get much smoother geometry. The head and the hands mostly got the remodelling treatement. The lighting and texture mapping improvements are awesome though. I'm sure we'll see more improvements  next year. It's not uncommon for them to show improvements in a remaster in their trailers. They did it with FFX/X-2. 

Two biggest improvements here are hair, lighting and the clothing is obviously less flat.  You also notice some intereting depth of feild effects uses on cutscenes.  We also know about the high rez videos and overall precentation from 480i (or 480p?) to 1080p.  For a PS2 game, the are starting at a suprisingly strong base.  

PwerlvlAmy said:
CosmicSex said:

This is where I found the price: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/06/final-fantasy-xii-zodiac-age-ps4-costs-49-99-full-list-features-detailed/

Got it thanks.  I have to have it and I need two copies... so I'm gonna wait until Amazon gets the listing up and preorder with the 20% off.

For me that comes down to $40 a peice on launch day.  If you wait some months, it will be $39.99 before you know it.

Wright said:

I'll try to get this one. One of those Final Fantasy games I never got to play, mainly because I didn't own a PS2 back then.

I still need to purchase X/X-2 HD as well, but ugh. It's still too expensive here. I

If you are still on the fence, and if both games are somewhat the same price, go for FFX, by far the better game.By faaaaaar.You wont regreat! =)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1