By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF XII HD Remaster (PS4) Teaser Trailer

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I have faith they will release it on ps4 like they did with ff 7, that version was amazing, lets hope they announce it at sony conference or at psx. I need ff 8 and 9 on ps4 !!!

At this point, I'd love for a FF VIII port on PS4. But no signs of it happening anytime soon.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
riecsou said:
Played the original game where all players add all the same board. It seems like the zodiac job system might make things more interesting. I will keep a look out. Didn't really enjoy FF XII because it felt like I was playing with the same characters since everyone was learning the same stuff. Might give this a try

So you didn't like FF 5/7/8/10/13 either then?

Not really:

In 5: we had class to choose from and you needed a balanced team.

in 7: Each person had their own limit break (which is actually usefull) I would have a set a materia and still needed a balanced team

In 8: About same thing as Seven and Summon were very important early in the game

In 10: Each person had a route which differentiate them from others until you are all the way done with their principal route (except Kimarhi)

In 13: Ravager, Healer, Commando ....., they had different skill depending on the character, which again make each characters feel unique.

In 12: Summon where pretty much useless. Didn't really bother about them compare to previous FF where I have used them a lot. When going shoping in XII, I could buy the same sword for everyone, same amor. In FF XII you don't need balanced at all. I remember having all my character running around with "claymore". I didn't feel like one character does better with sword, while the other does better with greatsword, or the other does better with gun or with spear. I didn't feel any character being unique when it comes to develop them. Although they start you with the road you should go with that character (just like 10), you can easily not follow this route and you don't feel bothered by this at all.

Just FF8 and FF9 now left.

Thats kinda your own fault tho. The game gives you the freedom to build your characters however you like, if you build them the same, then you are gonna get that feeling.

Wright said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I have faith they will release it on ps4 like they did with ff 7, that version was amazing, lets hope they announce it at sony conference or at psx. I need ff 8 and 9 on ps4 !!!

At this point, I'd love for a FF VIII port on PS4. But no signs of it happening anytime soon.

I would dye if they did a FF VI Remake

Around the Network

Ahh... 2017. D:

Pinkie_pie said:
Looks good. I never played XII but i heard its one of the worst ff game ever.

I for one didn't like it that much. It was the beginning of the westernization of FF to me. Others may like it but I really didn't. Not saying westernization is bad but it isn't my taste. I grew up on the classic FFs, 1-10. I hear it's good for people who like that sort of thing though.

BasilZero said:

Its not a 1999 game. Its a 2013 re-release that has new features, you know a enhanced port.

- snip -

Its a enhanced port - of course it will have new features. Just because you dont agree with the features - doesnt mean its crippled or broken.

FFIV 3D Remake has a garbage visual upgrade - just because I think its garbage - doesnt mean its crippled.

Just because FFXI and FFXIV is online only/a MMO - and I hate it because of that doesnt mean I'm gonna consider it a crippled game.

They dont enforce it on other FF games because other FF games have the systems built into them if they have the similar features (i.e. FFIX and FFX) - FFVII and FFVIIII dont because they are direct ports of the PC re-releases and instead of building it all over again - they just added it on the exterior client rather than in game like FFIX and FFX has it. If FFIX had a PC release back in 2001 - it would have ended up the same as VII and VIII.

The fact that you are boycotting just for this reason is childish lol.

A 2013 re-release of a 1999 game. It doesn't stop being a 1999 game because it got re-released. Dragon's Dogma is a 2012 game, not 2016 because it got re-released on Steam then.

There's nothing childish about it. They taint it, I don't buy it. A simple port (or like you call it, re-release) like any other FF on Steam (save for VII) would have sufficed. But it wasn't that simple to SE in this case, and as a result I'm not interested on it. There's a lot of threads in Steam forums complaining about this, as well. Not that I care much about what other people think, but apparently a lot of people is childish, according to your criteria.

Heck, you don't need to be connected online to play the original, the PS3 PSN's re-releases or FF VII's re-release on PS4. There's simply no excuse to defend this log-in check. This is Square-Enix meddling with it just because.

BasilZero said:

Yes its childish - because it takes just 10 seconds to log in and after that - you never have to do it ever again.

Do it for one game and its permanently affected for all and any other games that are tied to the same service.

I didnt have to do it with FFVIII when I started the game for the first time last month because I did it with FFVII last year.

Its not even a log in check - if it is a login check - it would be like EA's ME2 DLC client - where you have to log in each time you start the game, this isnt the case with FFVII or FFVIII.

Its like registering an account for FFXI and FFXIV - you just do it once and dont have to do it. The thing with this case is- you dont have to log in through the client - just click on "Start game".

Again it IS childish -  something that takes just 10 seconds and only ONCE , complaining about it? - sounds like first world problems.

Just because you embrace it doesn't mean the ones that see how crap it is aren't childish, chocobo-man.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
This thread as nothing to do with pc steam final fantasy other releases lets end this pointless discussion and talk about ff 12 please ...

Can't really say much about FF12, tbh. That game has always been elusive to me. The only thing I know is that apparently the main character isn't really the main character, and he just tags along with the rest of the party.