By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF XII HD Remaster (PS4) Teaser Trailer

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this! Oh Yeah! Believe it!

This is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games.. The music and the customization is awesome.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

OMG yes, thank you SE!

Here's hoping it comes to Vita, but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath on it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Zkuq said:

Excellent! Unless Square Enix manages to screw this up somehow, I think I'll be buying the inevitable PC version during a Steam sale. That said, Square Enix still seems to be the master of coming up with ridiculous names. Some of them are stupid enough to be funny, but this is actually not that stupid.

Sh1nn said:
Some info

-based on FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL ZODIAC JOB SYSTEM
-Background, character model, fonts and all 2D parts are higher resolution
-Movie scenes are higher resolution
-Uses current-gen graphics tech [1]
-7.1 surround sound
-higher quality audio
-Japanese and English voice [2]
-Option between original BGM and newly recorded BGM
-shorter loading time
-auto-save feature [3]
-turbo mode

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=205785393&postcount=177

[1] In other words, will take more processing power for pretty much no returns at all, because it sounds like no 3D stuff has been improved at all. Nice marketing spin though.

[2] I hope it's possible to combine the Japanese audio with English subtitles this time... Final Fantasy X on PC has Japanese audio, but it only works with Asian subtitles.

[3] Great! Now let me disable it if I think it gets in the way, and keep the manual save system too.

This is still a year away. They could completely remodel everything by then. Also no, some 3D stuff have indeed been improved. 

BasilZero said:
NobleTeam360 said:
OMG yes, thank you SE!

You should know how happy I am over this.

Since I always talk about it in Skype XD

Basil the Final Fantasy master *praise the sun* jk

Around the Network
riecsou said:
Ka-pi96 said:

So you didn't like FF 5/7/8/10/13 either then?

Not really:

In 5: we had class to choose from and you needed a balanced team.

in 7: Each person had their own limit break (which is actually usefull) I would have a set a materia and still needed a balanced team

In 8: About same thing as Seven and Summon were very important early in the game

In 10: Each person had a route which differentiate them from others until you are all the way done with their principal route (except Kimarhi)

In 13: Ravager, Healer, Commando ....., they had different skill depending on the character, which again make each characters feel unique.

In 12: Summon where pretty much useless. Didn't really bother about them compare to previous FF where I have used them a lot. When going shoping in XII, I could buy the same sword for everyone, same amor. In FF XII you don't need balanced at all. I remember having all my character running around with "claymore". I didn't feel like one character does better with sword, while the other does better with greatsword, or the other does better with gun or with spear. I didn't feel any character being unique when it comes to develop them. Although they start you with the road you should go with that character (just like 10), you can easily not follow this route and you don't feel bothered by this at all.

You won't be able to do the same thing here, this is the international zodiac job system version. No character will be the same anymore. Also summons have been improved and a TON of other things have been added to the whole game.

Wright said:
bigtakilla said:

You answered your own question. I'd throw XI in there as well, even though it did come before XII.

I follow. FF XIII and XIV are terrible, so your statement back there makes sense.

Fixed. 

bigtakilla said:
Wright said:

I'm not sure I follow. FF XIII and XIV are terrible, so your statement back there makes sense.

Fixed. 

No, your fix actually messed it all up. I'm 100% confident I said FF XIII and XIV are great. Maybe it is your original comment the one who needs a bit of fixing?

bigtakilla said:
Wright said:

I follow. FF XIII and XIV are terrible, so your statement back there makes sense.

Fixed. 

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said: