By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite controller from this gen?

Favorite controller?

Wii U gamepad 40 14.49%

Wii U pro controller 29 10.51%

Xbox controller 31 11.23%

Xbox one elite controller 34 12.32%

PS4 controller 131 47.46%

Steam controller 6 2.17%

PS vita 3 1.09%

3ds(any iteration) 2 0.72%

Total:276
hershel_layton said:
Vini256 said:
Wii U Pro Controller. The battery alone makes it worth it imo. You can use it as a PC controller too, so it's even better.

You can? That's pretty cool

If you "cheat".

I personally have issues with all of them, but I think the Pro Controller and the DS4 are the most decent. The latter is extremely comfortable but has digital triggers (has its advantages for most action games, but for shooters it sucks), while the DS4 is also comfortable but I feel its face buttons are too big and quite separated from each other. For the record, no, I don't usually play on PlayStation systems, so maybe I need get used to the controllers first.

Oh, and both the GP and the Pro Controller have a glossy finish. They get dirty instantly. Wth, Nintendo.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I really like the extra features for the gamepad (namely off-Tv play) but I haven't tried the XOne controller..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Xbox one for me.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Wii U gamepad is perfect.

DualShock is fitting only for kids hands.

I haven't touched an Xbox One or PS4 controller yet, so I can only say that the Wii U Gamepad is amazing.

Around the Network

For home consoles, there really isn't a bad option. Each of the big three have done their research and created something outstanding. The culmination of many years of gaming experience and feedback. Pick your poison.

spemanig said:
Wright said:

Why would you want a screen on it? What for?

Because not having a screen feels like a regression in literally everyway.

It isn't though. It's actually the opposite.

When people talk about best controllers of a generation I always tend to think of it in terms of controllers vs their previous versions and in this way I have to say the PS4 was the biggest improvement.  It blows away the ps3 one in every way (except battery but that's what I have a charging stand for).  The original thumb stick stunk also but Sony gave me two new ones at no charge so besides a few days wait I guess I can not complain too much.

I like the xbox one controller and it is good but I think I prefer the 360 controller by comparison.

I like the wii motes better than the gamepad.

I own the steam controller and hate it.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

I vote for the DS4. Putting both portables there isn't much fair. They have to fit a small form factor, it's not like thet aren't making concessions.

DualShock 4