By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite controller from this gen?

Favorite controller?

Wii U gamepad 40 14.49%

Wii U pro controller 29 10.51%

Xbox controller 31 11.23%

Xbox one elite controller 34 12.32%

PS4 controller 131 47.46%

Steam controller 6 2.17%

PS vita 3 1.09%

3ds(any iteration) 2 0.72%

Total:276
bigtakilla said:

Wait, I think I must have understood your post wrong. I agree that the second screen is pretty much a must out of Nintendo fans now. I've been spoiled with it, and couldn't imagine a huge sweeping jrpg without one.

Even for normal games too, though. It was difficult for me to play MGSV on PS3 after playing Snake Eater 3D on the 3DS and having all that info on the second screen. I want to play the new Deus Ex too, but not being able to play with a second screen feels like a generational step back.

Around the Network

Out of all the controllers I've ever used the Xbox One Pro controller is by far the best. At this point I pretty much refuse to use even the original Xbox One controller because it's such a huge step down from the Pro.

I haven't used the Wii U Pro controller or the Steam controller though.

yo_john117 said:
Out of all the controllers I've ever used the Xbox One Pro controller is by far the best. At this point I pretty much refuse to use even the original Xbox One controller because it's such a huge step down from the Pro.

I haven't used the Wii U Pro controller or the Steam controller though.

You mean elite controller?

Boberkun said:
Wii U gamepad is perfect.

DualShock is fitting only for kids hands.

Duels hock is uncomfortable for my hands :(

Pretty unfortunate. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Pro Controller. I still haven't tried the XBoxOne Controller though.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Wii U gamepad is perfect.

DualShock is fitting only for kids hands.

As a 7'0"/213cm man with proportianally large hands, poppycock.

With experience with all three console's offerings, they each have some positives going for them. I think the Wii U Gamepad is often underrated. It's not the most comfortable, but it is the most versatile and overall quite good in my opinion, though I'd still say it's a tossup for 2nd place at best.

I'd say the DualShock 4 and the Wii U Gamepad are the most improved from their last generation counterparts, but the 360 controller was so good, that in as much as Microsoft improved upon it for the Xbox One, it is still the best of its generation. The Elite or original, it's just so comfortable and responsive.

I acknowledge that this is completely topic is very subjective, and that me using Xbox controllers more often likely increases my impression that they're the best, but even as I try to account for that, it still seems like the clear number 1.

i dont own all 3 consoles but i have tried all the controllers and i do prefer the PS4 one, however i havent tried the X1 Elite controller and from what ive heard its AMAZING, so there is a good chance thats the best one out there.

spemanig said:
bigtakilla said:

Wait, I think I must have understood your post wrong. I agree that the second screen is pretty much a must out of Nintendo fans now. I've been spoiled with it, and couldn't imagine a huge sweeping jrpg without one.

Even for normal games too, though. It was difficult for me to play MGSV on PS3 after playing Snake Eater 3D on the 3DS and having all that info on the second screen. I want to play the new Deus Ex too, but not being able to play with a second screen feels like a generational step back.

Agreed.