By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite controller from this gen?

Favorite controller?

Wii U gamepad 40 14.49%

Wii U pro controller 29 10.51%

Xbox controller 31 11.23%

Xbox one elite controller 34 12.32%

PS4 controller 131 47.46%

Steam controller 6 2.17%

PS vita 3 1.09%

3ds(any iteration) 2 0.72%

Total:276

Love the elite controller! If only I owned one...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

For me it's PS4 first, Wii U Pro controller second.

I like the Gamepad for streaming...but I can't stand playing games on it for long. Just feels cumbersome to me.

I've had both the 3DS and New 3DS...and though I don't find either uncomfortable, I prefer playing on a controller in general. Hard to compare though.

Never had a Vita or One, so can't compare those.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Well, from consoles the only one I have a lot of experience with is the gamepad and pro controller, so... I'm gonna go with the gamepad. Of the 3 controllers available, they all feel good to me, so I give it to the gamepad mostly for its screen. I mean, what other controller lets you play off screen, lets you do pictures on it, and does other weird things with different games?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ps4,very comfortable.Wii U too big,Xbox, never liked the offset analogs.

Wii U Pro Controller. The battery alone makes it worth it imo. You can use it as a PC controller too, so it's even better.

Around the Network

Xbox elite controller

I own all of them!

4 3DS, 1 Vita , 1 WiiU GamePad, 1 WiiU Pro, 2 ps4 (one PS4 and one PSTV), and 4 XBO (two XBO)

My fave is Xbox One but it's really loud (clicky) and 2/4 have calibration issues. WiiU controllers are great but no analog shoulders. I like the stick placement a lot. PS4 is great but I can never find the options and share buttons when I need them. Vita and 3DS are serviceable but nothing special.

I don't actually have one, but the Xbox One controller is fantastic. The trigger rumble thing feels cool, and the sticks are easily the best (both of my DS4's left sticks have their rubber peeling off, which I've never had happen with any other controller before).

The dualshock 4 is my favorite controller to date. The GamePad is really fun to use though, as much as people give it crap. Very comfortable somehow.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Vini256 said:
Wii U Pro Controller. The battery alone makes it worth it imo. You can use it as a PC controller too, so it's even better.

You can? That's pretty cool

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.