By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - favorite controller from this gen?

Favorite controller?

Wii U gamepad 40 14.49%

Wii U pro controller 29 10.51%

Xbox controller 31 11.23%

Xbox one elite controller 34 12.32%

PS4 controller 131 47.46%

Steam controller 6 2.17%

PS vita 3 1.09%

3ds(any iteration) 2 0.72%

Total:276
Lrdfancypants said:

When people talk about best controllers of a generation I always tend to think of it in terms of controllers vs their previous versions and in this way I have to say the PS4 was the biggest improvement.  It blows away the ps3 one in every way (except battery but that's what I have a charging stand for).  The original thumb stick stunk also but Sony gave me two new ones at no charge so besides a few days wait I guess I can not complain too much.

I like the xbox one controller and it is good but I think I prefer the 360 controller by comparison.

I like the wii motes better than the gamepad.

I own the steam controller and hate it.

Opinions and all. I remember when the Xbox One came out and everyone said the controller was a step back. I sort of agreed then but I hop between 7th and 8th gen all the time and the 360 controller feels fat and clumsy in my hands now. I guess we just get used to a certain feel. Both PS4 and XB1 controllers feel like huge upgrades to me, now.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
Vini256 said:
Wii U Pro Controller. The battery alone makes it worth it imo. You can use it as a PC controller too, so it's even better.

You can? That's pretty cool

Just search up WiinUPro if you're interested. It's pretty straightforward to setup (Nowadays at least, it used to be complicated).

d21lewis said:
Lrdfancypants said:

When people talk about best controllers of a generation I always tend to think of it in terms of controllers vs their previous versions and in this way I have to say the PS4 was the biggest improvement.  It blows away the ps3 one in every way (except battery but that's what I have a charging stand for).  The original thumb stick stunk also but Sony gave me two new ones at no charge so besides a few days wait I guess I can not complain too much.

I like the xbox one controller and it is good but I think I prefer the 360 controller by comparison.

I like the wii motes better than the gamepad.

I own the steam controller and hate it.

Opinions and all. I remember when the Xbox One came out and everyone said the controller was a step back. I sort of agreed then but I hop between 7th and 8th gen all the time and the 360 controller feels fat and clumsy in my hands now. I guess we just get used to a certain feel. Both PS4 and XB1 controllers feel like huge upgrades to me, now.

Just my opinion.  :).  It is not that it is bad it is more that the 360 was so very good.  By contrast I personally dislike the DS3 very much in comparison to the DS4.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Its close, I love the PS4 controller and I like the Xbox one controller, havn't tried the steam controller, hate all the controllers on the WII U, so a small edge for PS4, it just fits my hands perfectly and the Dpad is better then the one on the Xbox one for fighting games, except the Dpad I would rate the Xbox One controller the same quality.

Last gen the Xbox360 controller was just by far the best, and it still holds up well but Sony deff stepped it up with PS4 in every section except network reliability

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Wii U pro is pretty sweet.

d21lewis said:
For home consoles, there really isn't a bad option. Each of the big three have done their research and created something outstanding. The culmination of many years of gaming experience and feedback. Pick your poison.

^ this.

Around the Network

XBO controller, Dual Shock 4 and Wii U Pro Controller are all great. I have no favorite between them.

I also find the Wii U tablet controller quite comfortable, followed by my PSVita 2000.

My OLED-Vita has the (slightly) better display, but due to the sharper edges I need a grip for longer game sessions, the newer model stays comfortable.

The handling of my 3DS XL is okay, but I prefer every other 8th gen device/controller.

I must be one of the few that has never had a problem with my DS4 thumbsticks from my launch system. Then again, i've had thumbstick grippers on them from day 1, maybe that's the difference.

bigtakilla said:

It isn't though. It's actually the opposite.

No, it isn't. It's as backwards as not having an analog stick at this point, instead controling 3D games with two dpads. The regression from having a second screen to lacking one is so bad not even quantifiable.

Ds4. I like it better than the one controller I just wish the battery lasted longer and the rubber on the launch analog sticks is too soft and wears out. I have never used the wiiu pro controller. The tablet controller is meh.

spemanig said:
bigtakilla said:

It isn't though. It's actually the opposite.

No, it isn't. It's as backwards as not having an analog stick at this point, instead controling 3D games with two dpads. The regression from having a second screen to lacking one is so bad not even quantifiable.

Wait, I think I must have understood your post wrong. I agree that the second screen is pretty much a must out of Nintendo fans now. I've been spoiled with it, and couldn't imagine a huge sweeping jrpg without one.