By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX Is a.......

Where is that video about Hitler ranting about what NX is? Because I'm at that point now. I'll just play my Wii U and not think about it until next year.

Around the Network

This topic is a testament to the fact that Nintendo is torturing gamers by making them wait not only for their console seller on a new console (outside of the one that exists) but also by holding back information about the console itself until later this year. I swear if I was a Nintendo only fan (me, myself) and I was waiting, I would be frustrated with them. Luckily I have other consoles and am not counting on Nintendo trying to fix their relationships with third party (even though I want that to be so).

Yes, a lot are speculating a fusion type console

..but let's not forget about that toaster

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Well operating under the assumption that the Nvidia/ARM rumors are true (which I have no idea if they are or not) ...

Maybe NX is a fairly cheap console like the Tegra Shield console only a good more powerful perhaps. 16nm Parker mobile style GPU that's better than the Tegra X1 + ARM GPU core. 6GB LPDDR4 RAM + 32-96MB of high speed VRAM. 1 TFLOP performance, good enough to get some XB1/PS4 ports. Low power draw (20-25 watts). No disc drive, very small system (again similar to the Nvidia Shield). Maybe can operate in a low-power mode (1/2-1/3 the screen res) and you can buy an optional battery pack to make it mobile even. 

Two controllers perhaps (standard):

Free-form LCD controller like the patent. The big catch here is that NX can run Android apps (that Nikkei report was mostly correct). It doesn't run Android natively per se, still a Nintendo OS, but like Amazon's Kindle tablets, it is compatible with Android apps, you just have to download them through Nintendo's store.

That means Nintendo can make money off the apps by charging a small fee for them perhaps.

Controller with free form LCD is not just a "dummy" controller like the Wii U tablet was it actually has a cheap mobile chip that lets it run Android apps, Virtual Console, and 3DS/DS games even without the main console. So it's a functional cheap little tablet, much thinner/sleeker looking than the Wii U pad. Full face screen (free form), you can snap on physical controls to the face (transparent plastic), that means Nintendo can also make cheap new control styles in addition to traditional controls. Display is widescreen, but because it's free form it extends downwards from the middle so it can play 3DS/DS/vertical smartphone apps without needing two screens.

System may have one other (cheaper) controller on top of that for new style of play because I don't think Nintendo wants to bank entirely again on the screen controller thing (no matter how much better it is than Wii U).

Goal of the system is to channel kids back into the Nintendo ecosystem by making the NX their go to device even for playing mobile/tablet apps. They'll be able to do most everything their tablet can with the NX but also play Nintendo games on the NX controller.

$299.99 launch price bundled with an Amiibo or two and game, March 2017 launch with Zelda. Splatoon 1.5/2 out spring 2017 (Golden Week/April-May in Japan will be important for Nintendo). 

potato_hamster said:

Nope. This isn't happening.

I'm kinda surprised that you are still dead set on this not being a viable option when it's literally the same concept that Sony/Microsoft are doing with Neo/Scorpio.

With both of those, you can buy a single copy of a game and it works on your PS4/Neo or XBO/Scorpio with varying performance, resolution, visuals.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

People actually took those Nvidia rumors seriously? The NX is not going to use Nvidia.

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

Nope. This isn't happening.

I'm kinda surprised that you are still dead set on this not being a viable option when it's literally the same concept that Sony/Microsoft are doing with Neo/Scorpio.

With both of those, you can buy a single copy of a game and it works on your PS4/Neo or XBO/Scorpio with varying performance, resolution, visuals.

You literally have no idea how Neo and Scoprio are going to affect the games, nor do you have any idea about the impact this will have on development teams.

I do. That's all I can say at the moment.

a toaster... It's a toaster

We reap what we sow

So The console won't have exclusives because you can play it on the handheld? Nintendo is dooooommmmeed!