By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else is underwhelmed by GT Sport?

GribbleGrunger said:
Fei-Hung said:

Sony definitely needs to do some damage control with all the bad word of mouth this is getting, but some people are also going out of their way to be overly critical. 

I've got a feeling a lot of the Evo guys who have been reallocated will be brought in full time to help polish things up. 

What really puzzles me is the amount PD spend in time and resources making new cars and then they do it all over again. They really need to stop over investing in making models they can't use until they scale them back. It costs time and money and now it's affecting the number of cars we get in the game. 

I think it's completely legitimate it being overly critical in light of what ND have done with UC4.

As far as resouses go in terms of creating new assets, I think it's time to stop using that as PR (which is something I'm associating here). If you have what you need then use it for fuck's sake. Evolution have bettered you, so use their frigin' assets.

What? The Evolution models aren't really as good as the GT models...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

Come on now, overall standards for Driveclub burry this reveal. Peope know me as a PS fan but I'm being honest here, they really need to improve a hell of a lot to win me over. I'm not saying they can't and they won't but I WILL recongnise when they use the IP to pull wool over my eyes.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Fei-Hung said:

Sony definitely needs to do some damage control with all the bad word of mouth this is getting, but some people are also going out of their way to be overly critical. 

I've got a feeling a lot of the Evo guys who have been reallocated will be brought in full time to help polish things up. 

What really puzzles me is the amount PD spend in time and resources making new cars and then they do it all over again. They really need to stop over investing in making models they can't use until they scale them back. It costs time and money and now it's affecting the number of cars we get in the game. 

I think it's completely legitimate it being overly critical in light of what ND have done with UC4.

As far as resouses go in terms of creating new assets, I think it's time to stop using that as PR (which is something I'm associating here). If you have what you need then use it for fuck's sake. Evolution have bettered you, so use their frigin' assets.

UC4 is a completed game, GTS is 50% complete. I'm not saying people shouldn't be critical, hell even I am doing it, but some people as going on to say it looks worse, sounds worse and looks like it plays worse than a PS2 game by looking at a compressed 720p stream of an unfinished game. Saying it does nothing new when it has made changes that are new to the franchise. That's when you go from being critical to borderline trolling. 

The Evo thing is what doesn't make sense. As president of WW studios, why wouldn't you think of saving cost and getting Evo and PD to share assets?! It would save time, money and man power. 

Hmmm. I haven't seen it, and now I don't care if I do. Hopefully Sony and PD can pull this together. It would be shocking if they didn't at least get the graphics all purdy.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

GribbleGrunger said:
Normchacho said:

Come on now, overall standards for Driveclub burry this reveal. Peope know me as a PS fan but I'm being honest here, they really need to improve a hell of a lot to win me over. I'm not saying they can't and they won't but I WILL recongnise when they use the IP to pull wool over my eyes.

What are you talking about? You said they should use Driveclub car models in GTS. That would be a terrible idea. For one, they use different art styles, so they would look crazy out of place. Secondly, the GT car models are so, so, so, so, much better than the Driveclub ones. Hell, the GT5 car models out do the Driveclub ones in sheer polygon count.

Don't get me wrong, I love Driveclub, and GTS still has lots of polishing to go through, but damn dude...

Model vs. model they're on different planets.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:

UC4 is a completed game, GTS is 50% complete. I'm not saying people shouldn't be critical, hell even I am doing it, but some people as going on to say it looks worse, sounds worse and looks like it plays worse than a PS2 game by looking at a compressed 720p stream of an unfinished game. Saying it does nothing new when it has made changes that are new to the franchise. That's when you go from being critical to borderline trolling. 

The Evo thing is what doesn't make sense. As president of WW studios, why wouldn't you think of saving cost and getting Evo and PD to share assets?! It would save time, money and man power. 

Oh, come on, you know what I mean. There are always people who go batty over stuff like this. lol. On the face of it, given that some of these graphics are placeholders, TG is probably a decent proposition, but that's not good enough when you consider what Evolution have already accomplished.

I'm going to be honest here and say IP has won the day.

The PS5 Exists. 

How could you expect something after GT5 and 6 if both are pretty bad compared to recent Forza games and other competitors?

Moderated - VXIII

O_o There must be something wrong with my eyes. The game looks gorgeous, photorealistic at a glance. No matter how far technology comes we gamers will always find something to complain about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Well, at least in this case there won't be any downgrades by the time the game releases. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

CGI-Quality said:
Fusioncode said:
It doesn't surprise me. Polyphony stopped being the top dogs of the sim racer a long time ago.

Eh, that's arguable regarding the actual sim part of it. 

Not really. There are way better sim racers out there nowadays, especially if you own a PC. iRacing, F1, Assetto Corsa, all of these leave Gran Turismo in the dust . 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!