By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else is underwhelmed by GT Sport?

BraLoD said:
Normchacho said:

What are you talking about? You said they should use Driveclub car models in GTS. That would be a terrible idea. For one, they use different art styles, so they would look crazy out of place. Secondly, the GT car models are so, so, so, so, much better than the Driveclub ones. Hell, the GT5 car models out do the Driveclub ones in sheer polygon count.

Don't get me wrong, I love Driveclub, and GTS still has lots of polishing to go through, but damn dude...

Model vs. model they're on different planets.

Driveclub have some really good lightning and weather effects, but dammit, those models are really on completely different levels, though the DC one is running while the GT one is static, and that takes makes a difference.

I think that right now overall Driveclub looks better. But the car models in GT (even 5 and 6) are insane.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
I was beyond happy with what I saw today. The game is going to usher in a new era of E-Sports Racing, and I can't wait. Look forward to watching the GTS National Championship on FS1/ESPN in the near future.

That would be very interesting indeed.

As for the trailer and the game not being as great visually as other games... well lets try and see it from the positive perspective, the game will be a VR tittle and because of that it has to run at least at 60fps right?, so that already means they have to make compromises in the visual aspect, its not just that the game has to run at 60 (which i assume means it already cant look as good as Driveclub), but it also is a VR game, and if im not wrong (hopefully im not) that means it also has take extra resources/power from the PS4 to make that possible, so yeah i can see why it doesnt look like the most stunning racer in terms of graphics.

Now is that a reason for it to have that type of PS2 fooliage?, i legit dont know if they have to go that far to make the game possible in VR, so i cant give a proper answer to that.

Is it a reason for it to not have the type of engine sounds/audio that some people have been asking for a while? i suppose not, i dont think VR can stop them from recording some "better" audio for the cars... but anyway this compalint about the audio doesnt really come from me, but its actually something ive seen in the internet for a while, even in this site (if im not wrong).

Anyway even if it doesnt look great visually, i think the VR portion of the game will make it a really awesome experience that i would like to have.

I think racing games overall looks underwhelming these days and all look the same. They all seem to have peaked in terms of appearance, not saying it can't look any better but we'll just be less impressed.

Graphics seem fair to me.

My only problem is that they made a really boring trailer.

This game has vr written all over it or at least some features.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

I think it's completely legitimate it being overly critical in light of what ND have done with UC4.

As far as resouses go in terms of creating new assets, I think it's time to stop using that as PR (which is something I'm associating here). If you have what you need then use it for fuck's sake. Evolution have bettered you, so use their frigin' assets.

Yeah, those are some pretty awful assets there.  Looks downright PS2 era.

Ruler said:

Mr Puggsly said:

Forza 6 definitely looks better than what we saw in the trailer. I'm genuinely suprised by the lack polish in the GT Sport trailer, tracks had poor detail in some areas, blurry textures, looks like there was screen tearing, etc.

Maybe the final product will be at par or better looking than Forza 6.

Last gen Forza had the edge on polish and performance. But hey, GT put a bigger focus on content.

GT sports looks amazing i dont know what people want? The trailers are allready are proven to be outdated material

I don't think it's realistic to expect this kind of graphics in real time gaming action. They look like bullshots and probably they are.

The game does look good but it's not really a generation leap. But you also have to consider it's the first time “real“ 1080p and it has to be 60fps the whole time for it being a vr game.

I was wnen i watch the trailer but on stream say its 50% finshed so we hope the other 50% to focus on tracks . But i expect that, always they focus more on cars to be ready for the gt academy and make all the rest to feel same like GT5 GT6
Overall we have 50% the game will be delay and 50% to be unfinished on release day
For those who say its a prologue they remember how many tracks and car prologue has? 70 cars 6 tracks, here we has 140 cars 27 tracks on 19 locations

as for the trailer music GT style is lounge and electronic what you expect rock music?

Not expecting too much from this game since they said gt7 has been in development since 2014, and this is most likely a prologue style game to hold fans over until the next mainline installment releases.

But as for graphics, forza, driveclub, even gt6 on PS3 look better than this trailer. Hopefully they show something better at e3 with a more recent build.