By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Some anger over AVGN (James Rolfe) refusing to review the new Ghostbusters

Seems some people on the comments section are not happy (angry people on the internet :o) that James has decided not to review the movie.

While some people are personally excited for this movie and others are not (whether it's because they don't want a female Ghostbusters cast or because they just don't think it looks good to them) it seems that James actually got his points across while being very calm and reserved. None of his points had to do with the female cast, and in his opinion, for him personally he would have been fine with a new cast (male or female) if the originals had resprised their roles one last time while handing down the torch.

And I'm not trying to say just one group here are being dumb (both sides are making idiotic comments I'm sure of it :D ), but if someone can have an opinion like this while being calm and reasonable and still get shit on there's not much hope left.

Even Patton Oswalt decided to shit on James for it:

Pics below:

https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1463510287586.jpg

https://i.4cdn.org/tv/1463510621017.jpg

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Well...James can do what he chooses. He's not a slave to youtubers or anyone else who watches his content. However, it did seem odd to me that he wouldn't at least watch the film before deciding on this. That doesn't seem like James at all. Maybe it's because...it has women in it?

Ljink96 said:
Well...James can do what he chooses. He's not a slave to youtubers or anyone else who watches his content. However, it did seem odd to me that he wouldn't at least watch the film before deciding on this. That doesn't seem like James at all. Maybe it's because...it has women in it?

Having met the man and the people who hangs out with, I can safetly say, no that is not the reason. Honestly people should stop having the notion you need to see a movie even if it is your job to review movies (Guess what they are self made, they can choose). The best way to say no to hollywood is by not giving them a fucken dime. 

It is the only way they will learn.

Could someone fill me in on who Rolfe is? Is he a professional film critic?

He doesn't want to see the movie. Fair enough.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

James Rolfe is basically one of the earliest internet personalities as the Angry Video Game Nerd. James Rolfe is usually more reserved and quiet compared to AVGN.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

You are kidding right? My sarcasm detection is off right now...

We need to start a petition to force him to do it against his will

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I will support him by not seeing it either. No that I was going to anyway, lol. Movie looks like garbage.

KLXVER said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

You are kidding right? My sarcasm detection is off right now...

No, I honestly don't know him. 

But if he's just a YouTuber/internet guy (per Acevil), why does it matter what movies he does and doesn't review? I assume it's his channel, right? He makes the content.

It's not like an editor assigned him the movie and he refused, right?