By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Some anger over AVGN (James Rolfe) refusing to review the new Ghostbusters

thanks for the response and info

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Acevil said:

Um his wife isn't in it. It is dark humour that people are doing. 

Regardless he dished on James out of nowhere and now he's getting the main course.

So Oswalt made a snarky comment about a YouTuber and deserves a tasteless joke about the death of his wife, the mother of his daughter and the love of his life?

Sorry, no way. That guy adored his wife. In no way is this exchange symmetrical.

ninjapirate42 said:
Dunban67 said:

Why would anyone care and why would it matter if he does not want to review the new ghostbuters or any other movie???

I don t get it at all-   Aren t there many other outles, people reviewing it?

Is there some specific reason that he has communicated why he does not want to do it?

People want a reason to complain about anything, no matter what it is.

And he goes into detail in his video, there's a good few reasons why. Too lazy to post them now though :0

wow- you are right- people do seem to want to complain and all tooften there is someone or some entity with their own agenda leading/inciting the complainers telling them when to be mad and even why they should be mad-   crazyness

I don't think Jame's opinion/review really matter and people are making a big deal out of it because of the wrong reasons. While the movie has not come out and could be awesome, it doesn't look that way at all, it looks bad, and people are picking on that, not on the fact that it's an all female cast. Comparing it with Star Wars VII it's too much of a strech because Star Wars VII was a great movie regardless of how much recycled material it had. This looks bad, regardless of everything in it.

Hopefully it will come out and blow our minds and make us laugh our asses off, I really hope that's the case, it just doesn't look like it. The trailers aren't even funny.

BraLoD said:
I saw the video, the problem is James nit wanting to even give the movie a chance to have an actual opinion, just that, if he is being attacked because of the female cast, it's just another day on the internet, where man is a cruel devil entity always oppressing women, even if it didn't happen.

I agree it looks awful, and I understand James point, if its bad, it needs to flop, but he as he also said, watch bad movies all the time, but he seems to be agains the fact it's ghostbusters while not being ghostbusters at the same time as there is no connection with the original ghostbusters he love so much.

That's why i agree with him.

Around the Network

Is it his job to review movies? Does he review other movies that he doesn't like? Like I don't know the full context here, the OP is kinda all over the place.

That said people need to get off their high horse with Ghostbusters. Yes the first one was a comedy classic. I should know as I watched it pretty much 2-3x a week every week when I was a kid. I loved it.

But you know what? The 2nd one was mediocre even with the same cast. Even Bill Murray basically disowned it, it was just a lazy remake of the first film.

Stop putting this "franchise" on some pedestal, the original was great, the second was crappy, the cartoon was good but it was a cartoon for kids meant to sell toys.

Acevil said:

Don't get me wrong, I think it was wrong for him to attack James like that. However I do think it is wrong to attack him like some people are. Oh well, I still agree with James. 

None of what has transpired would have ever happened if those folk didn't rip on James, it's not like James is Jay Leno where most of America/world know him.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Soundwave said:
Is it his job to review movies? Does he review other movies that he doesn't like? Like I don't know the full context here, the OP is kinda all over the place.

That said people need to get off their high horse with Ghostbusters. Yes the first one was a comedy classic. I should know as I watched it pretty much 2-3x a week every week when I was a kid. I loved it.

But you know what? The 2nd one was mediocre even with the same cast. Even Bill Murray basically disowned it, it was just a lazy remake of the first film.

Stop putting this "franchise" on some pedestal, the original was great, the second was crappy, the cartoon was good but it was a cartoon for kids meant to sell toys.

I'm always all over the place :)

He's his own boss, so he can pick and choose whatever videos he makes!