By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA on NX support: "If it makes sense for us - we'll be there"

Your interpretation:

Strong NDA 29 13.74%

Unprecedent tired joke 59 27.96%

It's a big no 102 48.34%

Other... 21 9.95%

Total:211

Battlefield is currently planned for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC but could it and other EA titles make an appearance on Nintendo's mysterious new console the NX when it comes out next year?

Patrick told us: "I personally and the company are huge fans of Nintendo, they're the reason why I started making games,

"We're in constant communication with them and when they come to market something - and if it makes sense for us - we'll be there."

Source:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36252754/ea-boss-gaming-genres-are-blending-together

Western big Third Parties:

Ubisoft

EA

Activision

Bethesda

Rockstar

Other(s)

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

So, no news until it gets released. There is no way EA doesn't have a NX devkit, it would make Nintendo look like fools. Even if they decide to not make games for it, they must have a devkit already.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Means if enough consoles are sold, they'll try to release some games on it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

yikes...

So unless it sells at least 7.5 million a year it's a no

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

It all depends on Nintendo. The ball is in their court.

Basically Nintendo needs to sell well in the first years to show that people are interested in the console...

Pretty stark contrast to their "unprecedented partnership". Doesn't exactly bode well for EA support for NX, though its really on Nintendo to convince them if they truly want more 3rd party support this time around.

Read - No

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Is this basically EA saying that if Nintendo manages to sell alot of consoles fast, and it looks like their console is successfull, they will support it?

This reads like "right now, we dont plan on doing it".