By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA on NX support: "If it makes sense for us - we'll be there"

Your interpretation:

Strong NDA 29 13.74%

Unprecedent tired joke 59 27.96%

It's a big no 102 48.34%

Other... 21 9.95%

Total:211

Yeah, this reads like "If it gets good initial sales and looks like its going to be succesful, then we join in".As people said, at least is more honest than they were with the Wii U and their unprecedented partnership.

If they trully dont support Nintendo in the first year with their games(Sport games in general, Battlefield, and so on), Nintendo needs to find alternatives.Even though I dont like them, Nintendo could go to Konami to try bringing PES to fill the Fifa void.I mean, it should be easy, Nintendo could enter with some money for development, and since all Konami cares is maximizing profit, I see them accepting.For other sport games, they could talk with 4K.If Im not mistaken, they also develop sport games right?EA not supporting at the start is not all terrible.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

None of the 3rd parties will support the NX. Period.
This is because 3rd parties will not support NX unless it sells big numbers, and the NX can not sell big numbers without 3rd party support. Chicken and the egg situation.
So, Nintendo have to decide what type of gaming company they want to be.

They can go it alone with no 3rd party support and just live off of 1st and 2nd party titles. The best they can hope for here is to keep their market share relatively stable and accept there is no real chance for growth.

They can work very hard to have 3rd party mainstream titles ported for them. However, if those titles include online play, it will be hard to compete with the MS and Sony alternatives. Unfortunately, this will include most big shooter or sports titles. So this will be mostly single player or local multiplayer stuff.

They can beg / bribe 3rd parties to develop exclusive games just for the NX. Consider for example, if EA had developed Splatoon just for the Wii U. Although Splatoon would have sold well enough on other consoles, I do not believe it would have been anywhere near as popular as it was on Wii U. EA would make a very good profit and everyone would be happy.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume you have the upper hand.

NNID = RangerOne

Switch = SW-2393-3671-6907

spemanig said:
I still think that Andromeda will have exclusive marketing rights on NX maybe.

Unless Nintendo dishes out alot of money to get the rights to market it, I dont think so.I mean, with Kimishima on the helm, who knows what might happen, but since they didnt do that for a long time(buying marketing rights), I dont see it happening.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

spemanig said:

Mass Effect Andromeda? Are you just basing this off wishful thinking?

NX will be lucky to get a port at all from the sounds of it, EA's not going to give Nintendo exclusive anything when they have a 0 userbase vs. tens of millions of users for the PS4/XB1.

EntilZha said:
This is because 3rd parties will not support NX unless it sells big numbers, and the NX can not sell big numbers without 3rd party support. Chicken and the egg situation.

They can go it alone with no 3rd party support and just live off of 1st and 2nd party titles. The best they can hope for here is to keep their market share relatively stable and accept there is no real chance for growth.

They can work very hard to have 3rd party mainstream titles ported for them. However, if those titles include online play, it will be hard to compete with the MS and Sony alternatives. Unfortunately, this will include most big shooter or sports titles. So this will be mostly single player or local multiplayer stuff.

They can beg / bribe 3rd parties to develop exclusive games just for the NX. Consider for example, if EA had developed Splatoon just for the Wii U. Although Splatoon would have sold well enough on other consoles, I do not believe it would have been anywhere near as popular as it was on Wii U. EA would make a very good profit and everyone would be happy.

I seriously dont understand the mentality that "Since its Nintendo, no more third party is going to jump in".And it kinda pisses me a little.

No you are wrong.I mean, NX could end up having zero support in the end, but its not because "Its a Nintendo system, no third party game sells there".It will be based sorely on three factors:If NX has enough power to run the games smoothly, if Nintendo is more friendly over third party developers(helping with development, maybe even funding some ports, those kind of stuffs) and if NX is succesful or not(sells well or not).Companies wont say:"Oh your system has sold 60 million in 4 years, but since its a Nintendo console... fuck it, wont develop for it.".They will jump in if they see a chance to make money.Simple as that.

I will grant you one thing, and that Nintendo trully needs to be more friendly with third partys, one thing that they have been lacking sorely.And Ill also agree that they will have a long road to gain third party confidence again.But its far from impossible.

Around the Network
EntilZha said:

Japanese developers will, sounds like EA is not yet sold though which could be problematic for Western support.

Great news! Small step to NX failure.

Soundwave said:
EntilZha said:

Japanese developers will, sounds like EA is not yet sold though which could be problematic for Western support.

Honestly... If the next nintendo home console just has all the RPGs the Wii U seems to be missing... Id be okay with that.

Soundwave said:
spemanig said:

Mass Effect Andromeda? Are you just basing this off wishful thinking?

NX will be lucky to get a port at all from the sounds of it, EA's not going to give Nintendo exclusive anything when they have a 0 userbase vs. tens of millions of users for the PS4/XB1.

It's entirely based off wishful thinking. It's a joke. Hence the maybe. Relax.

Anfebious said:
You can go ahead and cross out the rest. We know how this ends.

It's more interesting to cross it as time passes.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile