By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 is the best console-game right now, so the trade press =)

Uncharted 4, i play the

SP and MP of course <3 169 36.90%

Singleplayer <3 188 41.05%

Multiplayer <3 7 1.53%

see results 94 20.52%

Total:458

Game of the Century

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:

If damn good is a poorly paced plodding through common tropes established by The Road and other hits from the genre, then either the people rating it that highly are living in a hole since they've somehow missed all of it, or their scales need rebalancing, with all due respect. That's not up for debate. If the rest of the game executed the tropes as well as the hypocritical, jaded old man and the feisty, edgy young girl concepts, then I'd have no problem here outside of some clear gameplay flaws. But it doesn't. It introduces characters you know immediately will be killed off and passes it off as moving. Hell even in the beginning there's a faux attempt at world building when Joel and Tess are having that out of nowhere conversation naming random names that they know as characters/smugglers but we as players don't know to seem deep.

It's actually funny, I did an amateur project that I never ended up finishing because I realized after playing TLoU the setup was too similar, and even I didn't fall into those pitfalls.

Whenever I replay the game I find it to be an above average survival horror-stealth hybrid that I play in spite of the story, not because of it. (Even then it falls into using bullet sponge areas near the end just to lengthen the game and the pacing early on is so slow that I normally get bored right before my favorite section and one of the best sections of gaming in the past few years, Winter.)

Moderated - VXIII

This is one most ridiculous things I've ever read. Having tropes in a video game doesn't automatically make it stupid,  badly written or whatever you're implying in your posts. The game falls or stands on its own gameplay and how well it's written depending on the importance of the story. 

A lot of critically acclaimed games are full of tropes and cliches. Mario, for an example, has the simple premise of saving an underdeveloped princess from an underdeveloped evil dinosaur (we know it's evil because it has an evil face and sharp spikes on it's back). But they used this simple premise to create the most successful and well received platforming games in the gaming industry. Also, the first three Metal Gear Solid games are full of action movie cliches, which are important to the plot because one might argue that they were used to deconstruct the action hero archetype. 

.- -... -.-. -..

BraLoD said:
contestgamer said:

Hyperbole much? Uncharted 2 had a MC of 96. 94 is amazing, but no, it didn't surpass expectations - it met them.

Why is Uncharted 2 score the expectation to Uncharted 4?
Actually, if you check the review thread we have here, the prediction round averaged at 93.

It's indeed surpassing the expectations, at least around here on this gaming forum.

Why is Uncharted 2 score the expectation to Uncharted 4? Because it's a sequel on new hardware and you'd hope it'd be better than a decade old game? I really dont think it can surpass expectations when the last two games are among the best reviewed ones on all time on old hardware and one of them got better reviews

Jesus Christ. Uncharted 4 is so Last of Us in terms of it's camera placement and movement. Melee is so fun now compared to old Uncharted series. The impact that they did with the last of us coupled with a very fluid mechanic. God dammit. Uncharted 3 had the worst implementation of melee though so I'm glad they picked it up.

Now I'm crying that game didn't make it to this gen instead.

Aside from that. Best Fan Service EVER. And I mean that in a really good way.

contestgamer said:
BraLoD said:

Why is Uncharted 2 score the expectation to Uncharted 4?
Actually, if you check the review thread we have here, the prediction round averaged at 93.

It's indeed surpassing the expectations, at least around here on this gaming forum.

Why is Uncharted 2 score the expectation to Uncharted 4? Because it's a sequel on new hardware and you'd hope it'd be better than a decade old game? I really dont think it can surpass expectations when the last two games are among the best reviewed ones on all time on old hardware and one of them got better reviews

Because most games had worse score this gen than on the previous? Any Zelda that get less than 99 haven't met expectation?

Are you sure you aren't claiming something no one else is claiming just to make the game look worse and you feel better?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Though i dont think you can call 9,4 really worse than 9,5/9,6( thé best being the 9,5 game, TLOU) , pretty much the same thing so i dont think Uncharted enters in thé category of thé games that really scored worse than thé previous one ( especially since the previous is at 9,2 )

Anyway, i never saw such hâte and downplay attempt for a game with such excellent reviews, crazy. Maybe thé marketing makes people mad

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

iron_megalith said:

Jesus Christ. Uncharted 4 is so Last of Us in terms of it's camera placement and movement. Melee is so fun now compared to old Uncharted series. The impact that they did with the last of us coupled with a very fluid mechanic. God dammit. Uncharted 3 had the worst implementation of melee though so I'm glad they picked it up.

Now I'm crying that game didn't make it to this gen instead.

Aside from that. Best Fan Service EVER. And I mean that in a really good way.

That's great to hear. The Last of Us worked so well while Uncharted 3 was so clumsy - especially with melee. I hope we can look back and call Uncharted 3 Naughty Dog's mulligan.

Based on everything i read, i think this game will be great for anyone who isnt too much fan of thé ridiculous escalation of action in Uncharted and préfered TLOU and thé way thé game takes it's time to build atmosphère, characters and their relationships

Aerys said:
Though i dont think you can call 9,4 really worse than 9,5/9,6( thé best being the 9,5 game, TLOU) , pretty much the same thing so i dont think Uncharted enters in thé category of thé games that really scored worse than thé previous one ( especially since the previous is at 9,2 )

Anyway, i never saw such hâte and downplay attempt for a game with such excellent reviews, crazy. Maybe thé marketing makes people mad

To be fair, both sides are acting childish. ND fans are coronating a game they haven't played based on critics whose opinions, depending on the day and time, either matter nothing at all or represent the word of God. And ND detractors are downplaying a major coup in scores and potential sales by moving goalposts all over the place.

Let's just wait to play the damn game, and then form an opinion on its worth.

But to be fair to ND fans, thats à normal behavior for a fan when hé/she hears a majority of great opinions about the game they wait to be super hyped about it based on thé opinions they read and thé gameplay vidéos they see.
I can bet Gears/Zelda fans will do the same when well get réal long gameplay and then opinions on thé game, if its childish, it's common for most gamers to be that childish then. 

( and for me im more à fan of TLOU than à fan of ND, even if i loved crash Bandicoot )