By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 is the best console-game right now, so the trade press =)

Uncharted 4, i play the

SP and MP of course <3 169 36.90%

Singleplayer <3 188 41.05%

Multiplayer <3 7 1.53%

see results 94 20.52%

Total:458

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on the XBO has a 95.

Around the Network

Expectations for Uncharted 4 were insanely high. Yet Naughty Dog managed to not only match them, but to even surpass them. Truly impressive. ND is the Rare of today.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Best reviewed game doesn't always mean best game. GTA5 scored better then TLOU and look which game took the most GOTYs. MGS5 scored better then Witcher 3 and again same result. Reviews are just opinions.

Azzanation said:

Best reviewed game doesn't always mean best game. GTA5 scored better then TLOU and look which game took the most GOTYs. MGS5 scored better then Witcher 3 and again same result. Reviews are just opinions.

But did you know that... Gotys are also opinions ?

And MGS didnt really score better than W3, it's pretty much thé same thing 9,2/9,3 , you cant really make à différence based on that , all you can say if that both are in the top 5 in thé gen if you played them.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Mar1217 said:
Can't wait to see how much people will be blinded by these numbers *cough*opinions*cough*.

Personally, I'm not really fonded on 3rd person shooter game like those of Naughty Dogs. Feels more like your experiencing a movie than a game.

But that's just me. The game has it's strength but it's certainly not flawless, like every game ever lol

Yep thats just you so avoid implying that people who will agréé with reviews are blind, its insulting, you wouldnt really do that for your favorite games if they got good reviews .

No game is flawless indeed, even Ocarina Of Time/ Mario 64 are not, still, that doesnr prevent them to reach the state of masterpiece/cult game , as TLOU.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

All taht is of course in your opinion which is fine but don't make it seem like that is a widely shared view....And as far as the OP goes it did say by metacritic console-generation which I am thinking meant not on previous platforms.

It's quite an unpopular view, actually.

The Last of Us is one of the very most accomplished games on every front, and widely regarded as so.

I love when people say other people bought on its hype. I have actually had no contact with the game prior playing it, haven't saw it at E3 or whatever, and that game skyrocket as far as beating everything else I had played up until then with the exception of a single game that is for me as important as a close friend and that shapped my being itself.

The Last of Us is way, way above its own, and very deserved, hype, and very accepted as being so.

I don't see how anybody can seriously rate it highly unless they've literally been in a hole with all other media for years. The plot is incredibly predictable for  anybody that has experience in any genre of media n(I completely predicted every twist a year later after being on a self-imposed full media lockdown for the game for two full years), the gameplay is good-ish, the character development is great despite some flaws, and musically/visually it's a treat but I never saw the PS3 version as something particularly special. (Remastered does it much more justice.) I draw particular problems with the fairly terrible pacing and how the main characters mostly develop offscreen (which is such a crutch for writers to fall back on); the fact that you cannot empathize with human enemies in the slightest as they're objectively all pretty evil; the easily testable, very clearly scripted nature of enemies despite early claims that the fights were entirely dynamic; the awful weapon handling by Joel, a 20 year veteran of the apocalypse, that you have to pay with experience to level up (I much prefer how 14 year-old Ellie handles guns because it feels half-decent!); the disgusting ending plug for Left Behind when Riley is mentioned once in the game before that; the fact that a couple of guns are pay to win in the surprisingly enjoyable multiplayer, and that ND tried to sell DLC SEPARATE from the season pass; and a couple other issues I can't recall off the top of my head. 

Of course some of these are subjective but I avoided everything about the game for over a year after launch and a year before it solely so I wouldn't buy into the hype, so like you they're completely independent of the game's hype machine. However some of these are clear issues that all of the reviews magically happened to miss when they vaguely generalized everything en route to a perfect score. It's not a subjective issue that the game hides decent aiming behind an experience wall, nor is it something you can pass off as just my opinion, man, when we WERE definitively told several times that enemies were dynamic AI and that they're all just trying to survive and neither of those are true. That's something game journalists ripped when Watch Dogs had that problem a year later and several times with other games before, so there's no excuse to give games a pass for doing it. 

Anyway, that's all off-topic. The point is that this thread is entirely too early unless the goal is purely to suck U4 off as the prematurely crowned king of gaming forever and always because of Metacritic of all things. At least if we waited a day or two somebody could've beaten the game and most could've played it, so that we can have an actual opinion of our own instead of having it spoon-fed to us by reviewers that may or may not be lobbied by Sony. Again, I have little doubt that it's gonna be fantastic - though I'm still skeptical of the direction Druckmann has taken it with Sam - but this thread is less needed than another NX thread.

Inb4 "which will sell more, Uncharted 4 or the NX?" thread 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

gotta love these threads.

people hyping a game they haven't played. And people hating a game they haven't played.

the worst of gamers either way lol.

If damn good is a poorly paced plodding through common tropes established by The Road and other hits from the genre, then either the people rating it that highly are living in a hole since they've somehow missed all of it, or their scales need rebalancing, with all due respect. That's not up for debate. If the rest of the game executed the tropes as well as the hypocritical, jaded old man and the feisty, edgy young girl concepts, then I'd have no problem here outside of some clear gameplay flaws. But it doesn't. It introduces characters you know immediately will be killed off and passes it off as moving. Hell even in the beginning there's a faux attempt at world building when Joel and Tess are having that out of nowhere conversation naming random names that they know as characters/smugglers but we as players don't know to seem deep.

It's actually funny, I did an amateur project that I never ended up finishing because I realized after playing TLoU the setup was too similar, and even I didn't fall into those pitfalls.

Whenever I replay the game I find it to be an above average survival horror-stealth hybrid that I play in spite of the story, not because of it. (Even then it falls into using bullet sponge areas near the end just to lengthen the game and the pacing early on is so slow that I normally get bored right before my favorite section and one of the best sections of gaming in the past few years, Winter.)

Moderated - VXIII

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

OdinHades said:
Expectations for Uncharted 4 were insanely high. Yet Naughty Dog managed to not only match them, but to even surpass them. Truly impressive. ND is the Rare of today.

Hyperbole much? Uncharted 2 had a MC of 96. 94 is amazing, but no, it didn't surpass expectations - it met them.

Continuing to fall back on critical scores and general belief, which are opinions, is also an opinion of your own. General consensus is no more factual than somebody who went through as unbiased an analysis of the plot as is possible. In fact, general consensus is usually less trustworthy considering all the instances of media biasing one way or the other and the fact that the general audience can be swayed fairly easily so long as there's a PR budget.

But if you're gonna fall back on critical scores instead of discussing anything about the game, that's your choice. Mine is to actually take on the game and establish a low-bias critical analysis of what I'm given, not just confirm what everybody else says and fall back on "that's just your opinion man" to anybody that disagrees. At this point I have nothing else to say in the thread and I'm sure I'd be moderated for my stance if I continued any longer, so I'll leave it be after this. Hope you enjoy U4 tomorrow if you're getting it.