By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 is the best console-game right now, so the trade press =)

Uncharted 4, i play the

SP and MP of course <3 169 36.90%

Singleplayer <3 188 41.05%

Multiplayer <3 7 1.53%

see results 94 20.52%

Total:458
Aerys said:
Azzanation said:

Best reviewed game doesn't always mean best game. GTA5 scored better then TLOU and look which game took the most GOTYs. MGS5 scored better then Witcher 3 and again same result. Reviews are just opinions.

But did you know that... Gotys are also opinions ?

And MGS didnt really score better than W3, it's pretty much thé same thing 9,2/9,3 , you cant really make à différence based on that , all you can say if that both are in the top 5 in thé gen if you played them.

Yet Uncharted still has acouple 8/10 reviews not yet regisitered on Metacritic which will mean it will probably sit on 92-93 at the end which is only 1 up from W3 and sitting on the same as MGS5. Now thats an assumstion on my part but im happy to wait and play it before claiming its the best game. GOTY and Reviews are all opinions but you dont need them to be your favourite game. My favourite franchise is Homeworld, to me thats better then anything iv played, it doesnt need a 90+ or GOTY rewards on it for me to make that claim.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
BraLoD said:

Well 92 is still a bit higher than the 88 it would drop to, some days ago.

I don't follow.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7885553

It's always the same!!! If a game has a positive scrore on Metacritic, than Metacritic is awesome. But if a game has a negative scrore, than Metacritic is the worst thing in hell!!! People should just play the game themeselfs to find out how they like the game!!! Metacritic is something nobody should listen too, only people without own minds believe in this shit!!!

EDIT: This is the truth, deal with it!!!

Until Zelda arrive. :)

As someone who isn't overly impressed by the uncharted series Id imagine I won't agree with the high scores when I get around to playing it.
However it obviously ticks the boxes for a lot of people so well done too it.

Around the Network

Uncharted has always been the game to set standards for Sonys library to grow in quality. Uncharted 2 was the game on the PS3 and Uncharted 4 set the pace for the PS4 now.

If it had been a bad meta score it would matter to most of the people downplaying scores.

Good job naughty dog!!!! They deserve to get recognition

i doubt its better than bloodborne

Mar1217 said:
Can't wait to see how much people will be blinded by these numbers *cough*opinions*cough*.

Personally, I'm not really fonded on 3rd person shooter game like those of Naughty Dogs. Feels more like your experiencing a movie than a game.

But that's just me. The game has it's strength but it's certainly not flawless, like every game ever lol

Exactly. This depends on your view. For example, Ocarina of time is one of highest rated game in metacritic. For me it's just an average game (no voice acting and average graphics; gamespot actually had a fight to score it 10 because of no voice acting). But that's my opinion.

As for OP he is correct. This is the highest rated game in this gen and that's the verdict of game journalists.

Nem said:

Yeah... i'm afraid that i'm with the others here. I will decide what i think is the best game of the generation. But i can say with 100% certainty that Uncharted won't be it.
Great technical achievement? Sure. Thats what reviewers review nowadays. The tech. Best game? Naah. It's just another pretty 3rd person shooter. Theres nothing special about it. Just like the previous games, the tech will improve and the only thing making them singular is the story and wether the story is the best is always questionable.

Definitly a good and enjoyable game though. And that is all you can ask of a game. You don't need to hype them to best ever.

It only takes a brief look at the scores of many of the most technically impressive games this gen to know that the bolded isn't true :p In general, technically impressive titles haven't done too well critically this gen (obviously not simply because they're technically impressive, but many of them just haven't been very good).