By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 is the best console-game right now, so the trade press =)

Uncharted 4, i play the

SP and MP of course <3 169 36.90%

Singleplayer <3 188 41.05%

Multiplayer <3 7 1.53%

see results 94 20.52%

Total:458

Other 2 perfect scores just came, from 'The Daily Dot' and ZTGD ! 98 from GameCrate and 95 from Game Over Online!

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Nem said:

Yeah... i'm afraid that i'm with the others here. I will decide what i think is the best game of the generation. But i can say with 100% certainty that Uncharted won't be it.
Great technical achievement? Sure. Thats what reviewers review nowadays. The tech. Best game? Naah. It's just another pretty 3rd person shooter. Theres nothing special about it. Just like the previous games, the tech will improve and the only thing making them singular is the story and wether the story is the best is always questionable.

Definitly a good and enjoyable game though. And that is all you can ask of a game. You don't need to hype them to best ever.

It only takes a brief look at the scores of many of the most technically impressive games this gen to know that the bolded isn't true :p In general, technically impressive titles haven't done too well critically this gen (obviously not simply because they're technically impressive, but many of them just haven't been very good).

It really is a mix of tech and hype. Sometimes they are too obviously bad and they don't try to hide that so obviously.

Of course, its a generalisation. Not every reviewer is like that. Its a general rule.

Metacritic user review is already showing the ridiculous side of it with some users putting 0 just for trolling purpose.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nem said:
Zekkyou said:

It only takes a brief look at the scores of many of the most technically impressive games this gen to know that the bolded isn't true :p In general, technically impressive titles haven't done too well critically this gen (obviously not simply because they're technically impressive, but many of them just haven't been very good).

It really is a mix of tech and hype. Sometimes they are too obviously bad and they don't try to hide that so obviously.

Of course, its a generalisation. Not every reviewer is like that. Its a general rule.

In my experience, the general rule is more akin to "Unless the tech is directly contributing to the experience (either positively or negatively), it doesn't matter much". I do think UC4 is an example of a game where it's tech positively influences the general experience (e.g. larger scale without sacrificing moment-by-moment production value), but i don't think anyone could argue that's a bad thing :p 

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this front. 

Congrats Sony on making the game of the generation!!!!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
contestgamer said:

Why is Uncharted 2 score the expectation to Uncharted 4? Because it's a sequel on new hardware and you'd hope it'd be better than a decade old game? I really dont think it can surpass expectations when the last two games are among the best reviewed ones on all time on old hardware and one of them got better reviews

Because most games had worse score this gen than on the previous? Any Zelda that get less than 99 haven't met expectation?

Are you sure you aren't claiming something no one else is claiming just to make the game look worse and you feel better?

You're the one that is arguing the original claim, which is that it exceeded all expectation. You realize 94 is a very high score, but it certainly doesn't exceed expectations. Their last few games were UC2 at 96, UC3 at 92, LOU at 95. Now we're looking at a sequel to a franchise that's among the best reviewed ones ever on next generation hardware that graphically destroys the previous entries.  94 falls pretty well in line with their track record coming in to this, so I don't think it's a stretch to say that 94 didn't blow away expectations. It should have fallen squarely in to expectations for anyone that has been following ND's track record.

And yeah, people were disappointed with MM and WW's score when they released, despite those scores being enormous on their own simply because they fell far short of OOT. After several relerases of lower scores obviously expectations get reset, but that's not the case with ND. They're coming off a 96, 92 and 95 metacritic track record. 94 falls smack dab in the middle of that.

chapset said:
Congrats Sony on making the game of the generation!!!!!

Again, lot of hyperbole here. It'll probably end up as a top 10 game of the generation if you're going by MC score alone (probably top 5 even), but I can guarantee you'll have a few games hit higher ratings than 94.

contestgamer said:
DonFerrari said:

Because most games had worse score this gen than on the previous? Any Zelda that get less than 99 haven't met expectation?

Are you sure you aren't claiming something no one else is claiming just to make the game look worse and you feel better?

You're the one that is arguing the original claim, which is that it exceeded all expectation. You realize 94 is a very high score, but it certainly doesn't exceed expectations. Their last few games were UC2 at 96, UC3 at 92, LOU at 95. Now we're looking at a sequel to a franchise that's among the best reviewed ones ever on next generation hardware that graphically destroys the previous entries.  94 falls pretty well in line with their track record coming in to this, so I don't think it's a stretch to say that 94 didn't blow away expectations. It should have fallen squarely in to expectations for anyone that has been following ND's track record.

And yeah, people were disappointed with MM and WW's score when they released, despite those scores being enormous on their own simply because they fell far short of OOT. After several relerases of lower scores obviously expectations get reset, but that's not the case with ND. They're coming off a 96, 92 and 95 metacritic track record. 94 falls smack dab in the middle of that.

I am confused....so are you saying that it did not exceed anyones expectations or that it didn't exceed your expectations? Because it has clearly exceeded some peoples expectations so how can you say it is hyperbole? You sure are putting a lot of effort into down playing the opinions of others but standing firm on your own...good for you I guess. Not sure how you can say it did or didn't exceed anyones expectations but who am I to say that you can't say it...it is your opinion after all

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I lost track of time playing U4 from the minute it unlocked at 9 PM until well after midnight, which is a good sign when playing a single player portion of a game that doesn't utilize grinding as a primary design aspect.

Can't really comment on how I would grade it until after I finish it. If it delivers an appropriate and earned end to the Uncharted franchise, or at least the primary chronological story of Nathan Drake, it will probably go down as the best the PS4 had to offer when all is said and done in my mind.

The only game that could surpass it would be a new franchise that comes from out of nowhere to universal acclaim. I just don't see any sequels to existing IPs this generation deliver the same dead on punch of U4.

As far as the numbers go, Metacritic or other, I think it's still too early to say, but it's looking like universal acclaim covers the response.

Uc4 is godly good, everything works perfectly, even down to small details. IMO  right  now nothing come close of this game.