By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can the PS4 keep its 50% Market Share even if the NX is included?

PS4 > XONE + Wii U + NX?

YEAH!!!!! PS4 Domination! 206 69.59%

NOPE! NX will do quite well! 90 30.41%

Total:296
Mar1217 said:
Wow ... Why does people continue to create these type of thread ?

Do they feel insecure about the future of the PS/Nin/Xbox brand or something ?

This is a sales site. Speculation about numbers, sales and hardware movements is always something worth bringing up!

Around the Network

Even though it is kind a BS to include a 9th gen console, I will bite. I think the Xone tops at 60m and the NX could go either way. As for my current estimate I predict a 40m seller. If this gen is long enough I can see the PS4 pulling 115m so it's gonna be a tough one.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Mar1217 said:
Wright said:

This is a sales site. Speculation about numbers, sales and hardware movements is always something worth bringing up!

From what I'm seeing, it's just seem nothing more than a mean to bring up the console war :P

Probably because it isn't that far-fetched to think that PS4 could indeed outsell three different consoles, one being next-gen. This one-sided version, given PS4's big popularity and success, could give the impression that most "crazy" speculations are nothing but flames for the console war, although I don't really think it is the case here.

NX will outsell NEO. However since the NEO is just a PS4, the original sales will be included. As long as the NX is a success and profitable for Nintendo with a good library of games, I could care less.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Yep, the nx isn't going to sell well.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Once NX launches Wii-U is dead(if not earlier), so that won't be an active userbase. So no use adding Wii-U sales up.

People who say "yes" must think the Xbox One won't be getting any increases of sales once the NX comes out. What a silly notion.

I'm going to be an optimist and say "Yes, absolutely! Within the first year!" Fact of the matter is, though, until we know exactly what NX is, these are must baseless assumptions. This thread is just a few months too soon.

Airaku said:
People who say "yes" must think the Xbox One won't be getting any increases of sales once the NX comes out. What a silly notion.

It's not that. Of course the XBox One will continue to sell after the NX comes out. It is the fact that the Wii U will essentially be exempt from the marketshare once the NX comes out(VGChartz did not blend PS3/360 sales into the Wii U/PS4/Xbox One sales) so in essence the PS4 and Xbox One marketshare will automatically rise by default once the NX is factored into the equation and the Wii U is exempt. It will be the NX which will start off at a tiny percentage and have to battle it out.

Let's also not forget to the PS4 continues to outsell the Xbox One by pretty much 100%(double) weekly worldwide so the PS4 is constantly taking up more and more marketshare despite the Xbox One still selling.

Trunkin said:
I'm going to be an optimist and say "Yes, absolutely! Within the first year!" Fact of the matter is, though, until we know exactly what NX is, these are must baseless assumptions. This thread is just a few months too soon.

Don't worry. I'll make another thread once the NX starts going. I just like to see from what people's perspective right now on NX's future. Im sure everyone here has their own expectations, and predictions on what they want the NX to be/to have. 

And its nice to see what people's thoughts before and then to the present.

Pocky Lover Boy!