By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can the PS4 keep its 50% Market Share even if the NX is included?

 

PS4 > XONE + Wii U + NX?

YEAH!!!!! PS4 Domination! 206 69.59%
 
NOPE! NX will do quite well! 90 30.41%
 
Total:296

I'm going to be an optimist and say "Yes, absolutely! Within the first year!" Fact of the matter is, though, until we know exactly what NX is, these are must baseless assumptions. This thread is just a few months too soon.



Around the Network
Airaku said:
People who say "yes" must think the Xbox One won't be getting any increases of sales once the NX comes out. What a silly notion.

It's not that. Of course the XBox One will continue to sell after the NX comes out. It is the fact that the Wii U will essentially be exempt from the marketshare once the NX comes out(VGChartz did not blend PS3/360 sales into the Wii U/PS4/Xbox One sales) so in essence the PS4 and Xbox One marketshare will automatically rise by default once the NX is factored into the equation and the Wii U is exempt. It will be the NX which will start off at a tiny percentage and have to battle it out.

Let's also not forget to the PS4 continues to outsell the Xbox One by pretty much 100%(double) weekly worldwide so the PS4 is constantly taking up more and more marketshare despite the Xbox One still selling.



Trunkin said:
I'm going to be an optimist and say "Yes, absolutely! Within the first year!" Fact of the matter is, though, until we know exactly what NX is, these are must baseless assumptions. This thread is just a few months too soon.

 

Don't worry. I'll make another thread once the NX starts going. I just like to see from what people's perspective right now on NX's future. Im sure everyone here has their own expectations, and predictions on what they want the NX to be/to have. 

 

And its nice to see what people's thoughts before and then to the present.



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Sooooo is a lot of people saying that the Wii U will be counted in the "Wii, PS3 and 360" market share?



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Trunkin said:
I'm going to be an optimist and say "Yes, absolutely! Within the first year!" Fact of the matter is, though, until we know exactly what NX is, these are must baseless assumptions. This thread is just a few months too soon.

 

Don't worry. I'll make another thread once the NX starts going. I just like to see from what people's perspective right now on NX's future. Im sure everyone here has their own expectations, and predictions on what they want the NX to be/to have. 

 

And its nice to see what people's thoughts before and then to the present.

Damn, I see what you're doing! I guess we can expect to see crow on the menu again real soon! 



Around the Network

It's not impossible.



Jranation said:
Sooooo is a lot of people saying that the Wii U will be counted in the "Wii, PS3 and 360" market share?

I can't speak for VGChartz but I would assume by the time the NX is out, they won't even be tracking the Wii/PS3/360 considering the Xbox 360 has been officially discontinued, the Wii hasn't been tracked in months and the PS3 being on its way out. Even if the Wii U is included in the PS4/Xbox One/NX marketshare, sales of the Wii U would be even more dismal by March 2017 than they are now that it wouldn't even pose a threat really.



Many are waiting on the NX, there will also be a lot of people who will just end up buying a PS4 instead, Xbox has lost a lot of momentum at this point, with uncharted this month, persona5 and FF 15 in japan this year and Horizon this or next year for the western sales, the PS4 sales are about to explode.

50% will remain or exceed.




Twitter @CyberMalistix

Guitarguy said:
                                         

It's not that. Of course the XBox One will continue to sell after the NX comes out. It is the fact that the Wii U will essentially be exempt from the marketshare once the NX comes out(VGChartz did not blend PS3/360 sales into the Wii U/PS4/Xbox One sales) so in essence the PS4 and Xbox One marketshare will automatically rise by default once the NX is factored into the equation and the Wii U is exempt. It will be the NX which will start off at a tiny percentage and have to battle it out.

Let's also not forget to the PS4 continues to outsell the Xbox One by pretty much 100%(double) weekly worldwide so the PS4 is constantly taking up more and more marketshare despite the Xbox One still selling.


True enough. Though if we want to do that... We could argue that the NX has 100% of the sales for gen 9 -_- Just saying xD

But other than that yes, the PS4 feels like an unstoppable force at times >.<




Airaku said:
Guitarguy said:
                                         

It's not that. Of course the XBox One will continue to sell after the NX comes out. It is the fact that the Wii U will essentially be exempt from the marketshare once the NX comes out(VGChartz did not blend PS3/360 sales into the Wii U/PS4/Xbox One sales) so in essence the PS4 and Xbox One marketshare will automatically rise by default once the NX is factored into the equation and the Wii U is exempt. It will be the NX which will start off at a tiny percentage and have to battle it out.

Let's also not forget to the PS4 continues to outsell the Xbox One by pretty much 100%(double) weekly worldwide so the PS4 is constantly taking up more and more marketshare despite the Xbox One still selling.


True enough. Though if we want to do that... We could argue that the NX has 100% of the sales for gen 9 -_- Just saying xD

But other than that yes, the PS4 feels like an unstoppable force at times >.<

Quite true!! :P