By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can the PS4 keep its 50% Market Share even if the NX is included?

 

PS4 > XONE + Wii U + NX?

YEAH!!!!! PS4 Domination! 206 69.59%
 
NOPE! NX will do quite well! 90 30.41%
 
Total:296

Since the NX will be dead on arrival: Yes, PS4 will keep its 50-60% market share.



Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:
Since the NX will be dead on arrival: Yes, PS4 will keep its 50-60% market share.

lol nice one.



The Nintendo gamers optimisme here reminds men of YouTube but Yeah, NX might or may not being q massive break-through but if it follows the samme pattern with games as WiiU, No



 

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

NX would already need 6m right now so the 50% should stay for quite a while. PS4K and VR will only help PS4 from here on.

But shouldn't we drop Wii U if we start counting NX for this gen? I mean as soon as NX releases Wii U is not really part of the same market anymore.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Depends on how well the NX sells.



Around the Network

When the NX is released, will Nintendo still be supporting the wiiU? or manufacturing WiiU consoles?

If the answer to any of that is No, then why still include the WiiU in the current gen market share chart? Isn't that like putting a PS2 in the same chart with the PS3/360/Wii?



vivster said:

NX would already need 6m right now so the 50% should stay for quite a while. PS4K and VR will only help PS4 from here on.

But shouldn't we drop Wii U if we start counting NX for this gen? I mean as soon as NX releases Wii U is not really part of the same market anymore.

 

Intrinsic said:
When the NX is released, will Nintendo still be supporting the wiiU? or manufacturing WiiU consoles?

If the answer to any of that is No, then why still include the WiiU in the current gen market share chart? Isn't that like putting a PS2 in the same chart with the PS3/360/Wii?

 

I asked like the same thing a couple pages back. Basically if we remove the Wii U from this gen, will the Wii U be included in the market share from last gen? 

 

And someone replied to me and he said Yes, because Nintendo might discontinue the Wii U when the NX releases = VGC probably won't track it anymore. 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

I believe that the PS4 will maintain 50%+. The PS4 is extremely popular this gen and I don't see it declining anytime soon. I doubt the NX will be very successful due to some very questionable decisions that Nintendo has made. However if Nintendo really pushes the NX there is a chance that the the PS4 market share will dip below 50% but not by much.



Even with the PS4s popularity it'll be hard to keep 50% especially with all the attention and probable sales a new console gets and with said console being Nintendo and it's suppose to be as or even more powerful than the PS4 it'll be hard for it to keep 50% of the market share but it is highly possible for the PS4 to keep 50% of the market share it already has



Depends on how well the NX sells.