By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can the PS4 keep its 50% Market Share even if the NX is included?

PS4 > XONE + Wii U + NX?

YEAH!!!!! PS4 Domination! 206 69.59%

NOPE! NX will do quite well! 90 30.41%

Total:296
Teeqoz said:
jason1637 said:
No.

How much do ypu expect the NX to sell?

I expect it to be successful. I don't know what it is so I can't really make a smart prediction but if i were to pull something out of my ass i'll say 40ml. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Teeqoz said:

How much do ypu expect the NX to sell?

I expect it to be successful. I don't know what it is so I can't really make a smart prediction but if i were to pull something out of my ass i'll say 40ml. 

And how much do you expect the PS4 and the XBO to sell?

Teeqoz said:
jason1637 said:

PS4 somewhere around 90-100ml and xb1 around 55ml.

jason1637 said:
Teeqoz said:

14+55+40= 109 million

Above 90-100 million you guessed for the PS4, fair enough, but I find it very interesting that you expect the PS4 to barely outsell the PS3.

Teeqoz said:
jason1637 said:

14+55+40= 109 million

Above 90-100 million you guessed for the PS4, fair enough, but I find it very interesting that you expect the PS4 to barely outsell the PS3.

It's still lagging behind the Wii by a pretty decent margin. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Teeqoz said:

14+55+40= 109 million

And the Wii cratered in its later years. Do you think the PS4 will crater in the same way?

Teeqoz said:
jason1637 said:

And the Wii cratered in its later years. Do you think the PS4 will crater in the same way?

The Wii was a beast during its whole lifetime. Yeah the sales saw a huge decline in 2011 and 2012. But in 2011 it still managed to sell over 10ml and in 2012 was its final year since the wii u released that year. The Wii was pretty much a sales beast throughout the whole lifetime. 

jason1637 said:
Teeqoz said:

The Wii was a beast during its whole lifetime. Yeah the sales saw a huge decline in 2011 and 2012. But in 2011 it still managed to sell over 10ml and in 2012 was its final year since the wii u released that year. The Wii was pretty much a sales beast throughout the whole lifetime. 

The Wii while it still sold moderately well in its last two years, still fell tremendously, going from 17.3 million -> 11.5 million -> 5 million. The Wii also peaked in its second full year, which is looking exceedingly unlikely for the PS4. Are you also expecting the PS4 to be replaced holiday 2018?

The Wii followed an unusual sales pattern. As did the PS3 and the 360. I just as easily say that the PS4 is doubling the PS3 launches aligned, just like you are saying that the PS4 is lagging the Wii, launches aligned. Neither of those arguments will give us useful information here.

Depends how much "innovation" Nintendo intends to implement on the NX.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

At what point would the Wii U be removed? When they stop production? March 2018? If so, the PS4 install would increase than no?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"