By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fanboys anger me! Uncharted 4 Rant!

Innovation is important in an holistic sense, in that developers need to be innovating in a number of ways to keep moving the video game artwork forward. But for any individual game innovation isn't necessary. If the base formula of the UC franchise is solid for UC, then deliberate attempts to innovate might be detrimental. Where expectations for innovation should come in is for the next new IP ND moves to. If they drop the UC franchise but create a franchise that effectively reskins the UC formula then that would be bad. But for UC 4 tweaking of the formula is as much as they should be expected to do. Therefore in the case of this particular game deducting marks because lack of innovation is wrong and not a valid criticism unless you actually have specific suggestions for how you were expecting the game to innovate.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

alien isolation deserves better scores too.

BraLoD said:
onionberry said:
alien isolation deserves better scores too.

Better than what it got or better than Uncharted 4?

Better than what it got, I have to play uncharted 4 lol

Hiku said:
Tmfwang said:

Digitally Downloaded, taking points because you cant alter the story

Haven't read the review, but I think I can understand where this is coming from.

New for Uncharted 4 is that you can chose what to reply in certain situations.
And unless you can change the story through your choices, that kind of mechanic usually feels disappointing.

Though thats kinda very stupid to put that as a negative since they absolutely never said you could change the story, if anything, it's a positive adding a have a different discussion between 2 playthrough.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Hiku said:

Haven't read the review, but I think I can understand where this is coming from.

New for Uncharted 4 is that you can chose what to reply in certain situations.
And unless you can change the story through your choices, that kind of mechanic usually feels disappointing.

Though thats kinda very stupid to put that as a negative since they absolutely never said you could change the story, if anything, it's a positive adding a have a different discussion between 2 playthrough.

I think the complaint is more about how the player feels more like a member of the audience versus controlling the character. Illusion of choice and that jazz. Just one perspective even if it's a real criticism of the content.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Aerys said:

Whatever option you chose may prompt the same response from the person you're talking to. This has happened in a few games, including Fallout 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGhLAIfyGSc

Skip to 2:40. It doesn't change the story, but it definitely changes the conversation. The way Sam responds only makes sense in the context of the story Nate starts with.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I cant wait until 10th tho

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

I'm not bothered by reviewers, not since the beginning of the 7th gen, when reviews started to matter less and less and became more or less useless.

WTF, that user score....

Fanboys really are jealous

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

I don't put much stock in reviews. A good game will always be good and a bad game will always be bad for me but that's all subjective. I only need to know if I'll like the game or not.