By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fanboys anger me! Uncharted 4 Rant!

Slarvax said:
I dont like what game reviews has become. Games get good scores too easily, and flawed games receive great reviews because they come from a franchise with a rich history. The fact an "average" game scores a 7 hurts me.

And, of course, then there's the fact that gamers/consumers overreact over any score. Zelda gets an 8? Biased reviewer. Sonic gets a 5? Biased reviewer...

As of today, scores are just a tool for confirmation bias.... see all people declaring the 'game of the generation' after playing half and hour. Same people overracts when a score doesn't confirm their bias. This is particulary true with exclusive games.

Reviews are opinions and the reasoning behind those opinions. With Metacritic opinions don't matter anymore, it's all just indistinct noise.

Game companies know this, that's why big AAA games play it as safe as possible in terms of contents while betting on selling points that are un-debatable (production values and graphics). Yet we say these games help 'push-forward' the medium to become an art form.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
The game is not innovative, that's a fact. It depends on the reviewer, but you can deduct points for that. Not convinced on the other two reasons though XD.

Game not innovative? What are you looking for?

I mean there are plenty of new gameplay mechanics that we haven't seen previously. I am genuinely curious as to why you don't think all the new stuff is innovative.

That's why user-scores on exclusive titles is bullshit.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

When you don't have any decent exclusives or any exclusives at all you become a bitter, sealous and pathetic troll. Nothing new with Sony hater. They wish a game half as good as Uncharted 4 was on their weak ass platforms. It's sad.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI

I already expected                   

Around the Network

I find it hilarious when people complain when games aren't innovative, yet they play the same damn first person shooters over and over and over.

Volterra_90 said:
The game is not innovative, that's a fact. It depends on the reviewer, but you can deduct points for that. Not convinced on the other two reasons though XD.

I find the fact that ppl complain the 4th game in a series feels just like the other 3 games in the series very nonsensical. I play Uncharted because it feels and plays like Uncharted, Im glad they gave me an experience that looks and feels like what I came to expect and are the reason I fell in love with the series. If something is good why should it be new as well ? Would you rather get inovation in a bad game or a great game that does exactly what it set out to do ? Besides there are some inovations, mainly in the gameplay department.

Either way ppl giving the game a 0 makes no sense, its very obvious this game is nowhere near a 0 regardless of your stand on inovation.

Somebody gave Phatom Pain a user review of 0 because bosses unkept hair/beard made him look like a dirty old man.

So much poison on this site. There are those that like to think we are above it, and hold up N4G as an example of a "bad" site. We are not. The op has a point about user reviews on meta. It's well documented, and all too obvious, so I don't think it's a point that needed to be made for the majority of us, but it's valid.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

RavenHeart said:
When you don't have any decent exclusives or any exclusives at all you become a bitter, sealous and pathetic troll. Nothing new with Sony hater. They wish a game half as good as Uncharted 4 was on their weak ass platforms. It's sad.

Dude, chill.