By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fanboys anger me! Uncharted 4 Rant!

EDIT: WTF, that userscore of 6.8 at the moment is a disgrace towards Naughty Dog, are fanboys really so jealous of this PS4 exclusive that they rate Uncharted 0/10!?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

The game is not innovative, that's a fact. It depends on the reviewer, but you can deduct points for that. Not convinced on the other two reasons though XD.

Also spotted this user review for U3... Makes me sad on the developers behalf when people hate your creation this bad.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Get real kid. There are far more games that have been unfairly scrutinized this gen and in the past. Alien Isolation for example, a near perfect game, but ripped to shreds in most reviews.

Not every games is going to be a 10/10 and besides, ND games are always overrated by reviewers (except for Uncharted 2, that shit is straight up 10/10 in mybooks).

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI-Quality

This is why I like Gamespot. They don't treat their "10" as "perfect" but as "essential", acknowledging there's no such thing as "perfect" but a game can still be a "must play" even with minor flaws that don't ruin the experience.

GamesRadar+ is garbage. They take a points away for the dumbest of reasons.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Get real kid. There are far more games that have been unfairly scrutinized this gen and in the past. Alien Isolation for example, a near perfect game, but ripped to shreds in most reviews.

Not every games is going to be a 10/10 and besides, ND games are always overrated by reviewers (except for Uncharted 2).

I couldn't agree more. l thought it was brilliant!

foodfather said:

Not every games is going to be a 10/10 and besides, ND games are always overrated by reviewers (except for Uncharted 2).

What an arrogant thing to say. "I didn't like this game as much as other people did, that must mean it's overrated."

I've disagreed with reviews plenty of times, but that doesn't make them wrong or invalid.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Volterra_90 said:
The game is not innovative, that's a fact. It depends on the reviewer, but you can deduct points for that. Not convinced on the other two reasons though XD.

Wondering what AAA game has been innovative in the past 5 years.

Ka-pi96 said:

Innovation is overrated though.

It can be good, but making something innovative just for the sake of being innovative can end badly, just look at the recently released Star Fox Zero for an example.

This obsession some people have with everything needing to be innovative is silly. It just needs to be good and something can be good regardless of whether it's innovative or not.

I agree to an extent. Sometimes it's great to shake things a bit to not give the feeling that the franchise is getting stagnant (CoD, I'm looking at you). Sometimes innovation is just bad because it's badly implemented. The best thing is innovate a bit without being bad implemented, and that's not the case with UC. Or at least it doesn't seem like it watching some gameplays and comparing it to UC2, which is the game I've played.  I probably wouldn't deduct points because of this, as long as the franchise is not annualized (thank God). It prevents the franchise of getting tiresome.

BTW, not related but I loved SF:Zero controls XD. My problems with the game has nothing to do with them actually.

Turkish said:
Volterra_90 said:

Wondering what AAA game has been innovative in the past 5 years.

Well Titanfall sure changed the industry so..