By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fanboys anger me! Uncharted 4 Rant!

It's not about deducting points.

Once you get to 80 or so, it is about adding points and it gets harder as it gets closer to 100.

Maybe a game had no flaws, but was enjoyable enough to get a 9 only.

And the game is receiving widespread critical acclaim, geez. It's not some conspiracy by reviewers that hate Uncharted.

Around the Network

My biggest thing against reviews(In general and not aimed at Uncharted) is how easily some just give out a 100% and even more so when they list some sort of con however minor it is it should knock at least a point off the score, To me a 100% review should be a once maybe twice in an entire gen at the most yet some sites just go around giving a 100 left, right and centre. It somewhat degrades seeing 100 reviews imo when you look through there recent reviews and realize they have given out 7 100% reviews in the last 6 months.

Ka-pi96 said:
Volterra_90 said:
The game is not innovative, that's a fact. It depends on the reviewer, but you can deduct points for that. Not convinced on the other two reasons though XD.

Innovation is overrated though.

It can be good, but making something innovative just for the sake of being innovative can end badly, just look at the recently released Star Fox Zero for an example.

This obsession some people have with everything needing to be innovative is silly. It just needs to be good and something can be good regardless of whether it's innovative or not.

completely AGREE.

There's a huge lack of consistency with gaming media outlets and their own specific criteria for what constitutes a positive or a negative for a game.

Personally I think most decent review outlets died in the 6th gen. First Impressions from people with similar tastes to you are generally the best bet now. It's just that meta's are much better willy waving fodder for people who need X to be better than Y because they prefer that.

TLDR: Too much salty water.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

The only thing you should remember is to not care what reviewers say. Some of my all time greats have gotten kind of crappy reviews, but that doesn't take away anything. Uncharted has never been a game I find very innovative at all, but it is extremely well made.

Around the Network

Uncharted and TLOU are definitely overrated games to begin with. I think TR is a better franchise than Uncharted. I just can't stand the goofiness of Uncharted. It's so hard to take it seriously.

Jpcc86 said:
This is why I like Gamespot. They don't treat their "10" as "perfect" but as "essential", acknowledging there's no such thing as "perfect" but a game can still be a "must play" even with minor flaws that don't ruin the experience.

GamesRadar+ is garbage. They take a points away for the dumbest of reasons.

I remember when they were at the top. Then they started letting the most hyped people for a game hype it up for a year before reviewing it and giving it perfect scores. And they also gave Destiny GotY, saying it wasn't the best game of the year; the site was covered with Destiny DLC ads too. 

Also, Playstation All-Stars got low scores from a couple reviews because it was both a Smash clone and NOT a Smash clone at the same time. 

Mainstream reviewers are garbage. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

kitler53 said:
its not just game reviews...

...the entire news industry is garbage.

Sums up the entire thread nicely

It happens with all good games.

For an example, I dance and do competition and I do a duet with a girl and we are extremely good (not trying to hoot my horn) but we pretty much always win 1st overall. Anyways, we are so good together on stage that the judges aren't able to really correct a whole lot, so they start nit picking the shit out of you, even with the most stupid things.

But that's what it is. When they can't find any major, or even really any flaws, they nit pick. A lot. Even if whatever they are nit picking is stupid.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

My question is why do you concern yourself so much with reviewers opinions? Your enjoyment of the game is what matters most.