By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fanboys anger me! Uncharted 4 Rant!

Drakrami said:
Volterra_90 said:
The game is not innovative, that's a fact. It depends on the reviewer, but you can deduct points for that. Not convinced on the other two reasons though XD.

Why does a franchise which has been critically acclaimed have to innovate again? 

Does that mean I have to go to the next Star Wars movie expecting that it is going to innovate? Or do I have to go to the next sports game hoping they innovate? Video games are entertainment. Stregthening on what made the last games excellent is plenty enough. So OP is actually quite right on the mark. 

To follow up from my previous post; it doesn't have to, but it should most definitely NOT be rewarded for staying too safe.  That's something that's been an issue for years now with certain games that stay the course and meet reviewers expectations on what they were hoping the game would provide.  Any time reviewers have to do work or rather have to review a game that defies their expectations  as opposed to meeting them, that game's reviews usually suffer.  If all of the tick marks that make reviewing a game easy are good enough, then that game is usually reviewed high.  But a game isn't the sum of its parts, and reviewers are getting this wrong so often now.  

Replay value is almost nonexistent with today's games, even the RPGs.  I'd like to actually enjoy a game playing the same way multiple times through, or take slightly different paths here and there and still greatly enjoy it like I did the first time.  JRPGS can do this, but it's unfortunate they often don't meet the trends of what game reviewers are looking for.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
Drakrami said:

Why does a franchise which has been critically acclaimed have to innovate again? 

Does that mean I have to go to the next Star Wars movie expecting that it is going to innovate? Or do I have to go to the next sports game hoping they innovate? Video games are entertainment. Stregthening on what made the last games excellent is plenty enough. So OP is actually quite right on the mark. 

Intrinsic said:

Innovative.... That just sounds dumb to me when we are in an industry where IP iteration is the norm not the exception. 

My point is that a reviewer might think that not being innovative can deduct points of a score. It's not my personal POV unless the franchise is annualized and gets tiresome. More than innovation, it'd a matter of milking a franchise. Obviously that's not the case with Uncharted.

LudicrousSpeed said:
You have to expect franchise fatigue to start setting in when this is the 5th game in the series, 6 if you count the shitty card game. Also, when reviewers say the game needs to innovate, it doesn't necessarily mean ND needs to radically change it into something no one has done before. But how about something they have never done before? Something different for the series.

Either way though, it makes for interesting discussion, but you should never let the opinions of reviewers actually compromise you emotionally. It's just the opinion of random people.

Thats just IT, ND have done something never before seen in Uncharted games; the JEEP! Its even used as a platforming tool!

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Neodegenerate said:
outlawauron said:

Of course it is. Why would marketing of a specific game not be in its budget? Although, the amount Nintendo spent on Splatoon advertising was pretty huge. So, it might be more expensive you might you think.

Would you classify Splatoon as AAA though?  That is the heart of the conversation there.

I feel like it's in a grey area, but ultimately, I would classify it as a AAA title from Nintendo. I can't really think of many title that have greater efforts behind them from Nintendo outside of core 3 titles (Zelda, Smash, and 2D/3D Mario titles). The big thing that people can dock Splatoon for was the single player campaign (or really lack of story/campaign) and how badly they handled the locked on-disc multiplayer content.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Uncharted 4 is reviewing great, there is no need to be angry lol it'll be one of the highest rated games this gen.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
IGN: uncharted 3 not innovative enough !!! 8.8 !!!
IGN: dark souls 3 - 9.5 !!! this one don't need to be innovative xD

but hey , its different reviewers, you just need to find reviewers that like the same things you like to get a proper review score.

And btw who gives a shit about gamesradar reviews ?

Total lack of logic from IGN, especially since U4 brings far much more innovative things to thé série than Dark Souls 3 for DS serie.

Well just say it's because it's not thé same reviewer

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Volterra_90 said:

My point is that a reviewer might think that not being innovative can deduct points of a score. It's not my personal POV unless the franchise is annualized and gets tiresome. More than innovation, it'd a matter of milking a franchise. Obviously that's not the case with Uncharted.

Yes. A reviewer can think whatever he wants to think. It's a free world (mostly).  But it's just bad form for a reviewer to knock off point s for "innovation" in a very genre centric industry. It just makes no sense. It's like saying a racing game isn't innovating caue you still drive around tracks. Or a FPS isn't innovative cause you aim down a scope. 

Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 were what they are. if uncharted 4 adds bigger stages, driving a car, using a grapling hook, expands on the climbing mechanics, adds underwater stages.....etc. Those are all new things to the franchise. And done in ways that may only work in that particular game. That's all the innovation ND need to do. 

If a reviewer doesn't get that, then he shouldn't be reviewing games. I mean, if that's the case the shouldnt Mario Kart 8 be the least innovative best selling game ever? oh sorry, that award should go to COD. 

I dont understand why you people are so mad about U4 reviews while it's the best Rated game of thé génération and just one point behind TLOU, thé game considéred by à lot as à masterpiece and thé best game of thé génération

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Sooooo someone's opinion angers you?

Maybe forums are a bad place for you.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Miguel_Zorro said:
BraLoD said:

GameSpot gave it a 10, now imagine if Polygon also did? XP

The metacritic score would be 0.01 points higher?

Tsk, tsk Miguel. Metacritic isn't an average of review scores. The "big" websites and publications are weighted much heavier than the other. It'd be like 0.5 points higher.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.