By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the PS4 is finally worth it if you're only into exclusives

Acevil said:
Not really, seeing as how Uncharted releases in couple of days, and is not out. The rest are pretty meh outside of Bloodborne and Infamous.

Yeah it's still pretty meh for a system that has been on the market for two and a half years. And personally i'm not into games like Bloodbourne and Infamous was good but not great.

Still waiting for that big new exclusive IP/ franchise.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Not really, seeing as how Uncharted releases in couple of days, and is not out. The rest are pretty meh outside of Bloodborne and Infamous.

That's just your opinion and doubt you've even played half of the games in OP, I list games newcomers could be interested in.

Ratchet&Clank, Until Dawn, Driveclub and Tearaway Unfolded have been pretty amazing btw.

Ratchet is still GOTY (until I play UC4).

I agree with your rule. About 5, 6 games which are worth buying is enough to me to buy a console. Sadly the PS4 still don't fulfill that requirement imo. I'm not interested in UC games, I'm just interested in Bloodborne and R&C. Maybe in the future!

Ahaha, I decide when I feel a console is worth it for me, and so far I feel the PS4 is still not worth it. The games just aren't doing it for me. I'm sure they'll release games that interest me in time though.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Turkish said:

The division is just there separating the bigger indies from the smaller ones, even though technically both lists include indies. SOMA, The Witness, Talos Principle etc have higher budgets and are in AA territory.

I'm also not sure you understand the thread. This is for newcomers who don't have a PS4 yet and whether it'd be worth it for them for the exclusives alone. If you're recommending 3 games, then that's already 3 games to go with the machine, and now there's Ratchet and Uncharted 4. That's 5 games with many more to look forward to in the next half year. How many games and what kind of outlook should a system have before you'd start recommending it because I've never seen a console with better prospects for the future than the PS4 right now.

Even if a game like The Witness has higher budget than Transistor, it's still an indie. Indie games aren't determined for the amount of money they needed to be developed. Also, you'd be surprised, since I'd say Transistor had higher budget than The Talos Principle; although I can't find raw data, the Transistor developer used all their profits from Bastion to create, develop and publish Transistor themselves, while Croteam reutilized the Serious Sam engine and the same assets to create The Talos Principle and used their standard Devolver publisher to put the game in sale.

Considering that I have like six games on my Ps4 and I get bored a lot after beating them all, five games (and I shouldn't be counting Ratchet and Clank, but since you mentioned it alongisde U4, I will) aren't just enough for someone to get a console and play through them exclusively. Mind you, I have multiplatform games, but the same rule apply; and since they want only exclusives (or so it's the idea that I get from your thread), five games alone aren't worth getting a console for. The prospect of more future games isn't enough; just wait until those games have released, then get the console.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
There's people that only play exclusives? :o

There's people that play multiplatform titles on other systems (f.e. PC), so the additional console is mostly for exclusives.

I buy most multiplatform games for PC, since they are usually the best versions. That said, all 3 current home consoles have been "worth it" for me:

PS4:

• Killzone: Shadow Fall (exclusive)
  • Resogun (PS exclusive, best version, cross-buy with Vita version)
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (best console version)
  • inFamous: Second Son (exclusive)
  • Oddworld: New & Tasty (timed exclusive, cross-buy with Vita version)
  • The Last of Us Remastered + Left Behind (best version)
  • inFamous: First Light (exclusive)
  • DriveClub (exclusive)
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS exclusive, best version)
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (cross-buy with Vita version)
  • The Order 1886 (exclusive)
  • Bloodborne (exclusive)
  • Batman: Arkham Knight (best version, since they fucked up the PC-version)
  • God of War 3 Remastered (PS exclusive, best version)
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (timed exclusive)
  • Until Dawn (exclusive)
  • Tearaway Unfolded (PS exclusive, best version)
  • Uncharted 1: Nathan Drake Collection (PS exclusive, best version)
  • Uncharted 2: Nathan Drake Collection (PS exclusive, best version)
  • Uncharted 3: Nathan Drake Collection (PS exclusive, best version)
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered (cross-buy with Vita version)
  • Ratchet & Clank (exclusive)
  • Uncharted 4 (exclusive)
  • some upgraded PS3 games for free due to cross-buy (Journey, Flower, The Unfinished Swan...)
  • a few nice PS+ games

Xbox One:

• Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox exclusive, best version, gifted by Microsoft)
  • Sunset Overdrive (exclusive)
  • Halo 1: Anniversary Edition (MS exclusive, best version)
  • Halo 2: Anniversary Edition (MS exclusive, best version)
  • Halo 3 (Xbox exclusive, best version)
  • Halo 3: ODST (Xbox exclusive, best version)
  • Halo 4 (Xbox exclusive, best version)
  • RARE Replay (exclusive collection, best versions)
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (MS exclusive, best version since they fucked up the PC version)
  • Halo 5 (exclusive)
  • Quantum Break (MS exclusive, best version since they fucked up the PC version)
  • some 360 games I can play again due to backwards compatibility (my Xbox360 = RRoD)
  • some great "Games with Gold" titles
  • EA Access deals for €1 - 2 per month

Wii U:

• New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U (exclusive)
  • Lego City Undercover (exclusive)
  • Pikmin 3 (exclusive)
  • Super Mario 3D World (exclusive)
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (exclusive)
  • Mario Kart 8 + DLCs  (exclusive)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Nintendo exclusive, best version, free thanks to MK8 promo)
  • Bayonetta 2  (exclusive)
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker  (exclusive)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X  (exclusive)
  • backwards compatible to all my Wii games (i sold my old Wii)
  • Wii games look a bit better on a flatscreen thanks to HDMI
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo exclusive, best version, compatible with tablet controller)
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy for €10
  • "Friends of Nintendo" Humble Bundle

im only interested in bloodbourne but you can only play it for max 20 hours so i dont need a playstation

imo

Essential Tier:

Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
Bloodborne
Driveclub

Great tier:

inFamous Second Son
Ratchet & Clank

Good tier:

Dragon Quest Heroes
LBP3
Tearaway Unfolded

If you want to add remasters and collections, LoUR and Uncharted Collection go in top tier too.

It was undoubtedly a slow start, but I think it is a pretty good list for 2.5 years, especially when you also consider a lot of the stuff that is also console exclusive.

It's a must buy system. Some incredible exclusives.

Wright said:
Turkish said:

The division is just there separating the bigger indies from the smaller ones, even though technically both lists include indies. SOMA, The Witness, Talos Principle etc have higher budgets and are in AA territory.

I'm also not sure you understand the thread. This is for newcomers who don't have a PS4 yet and whether it'd be worth it for them for the exclusives alone. If you're recommending 3 games, then that's already 3 games to go with the machine, and now there's Ratchet and Uncharted 4. That's 5 games with many more to look forward to in the next half year. How many games and what kind of outlook should a system have before you'd start recommending it because I've never seen a console with better prospects for the future than the PS4 right now.

Even if a game like The Witness has higher budget than Transistor, it's still an indie. Indie games aren't determined for the amount of money they needed to be developed. Also, you'd be surprised, since I'd say Transistor had higher budget than The Talos Principle; although I can't find raw data, the Transistor developer used all their profits from Bastion to create, develop and publish Transistor themselves, while Croteam reutilized the Serious Sam engine and the same assets to create The Talos Principle and used their standard Devolver publisher to put the game in sale.

Considering that I have like six games on my Ps4 and I get bored a lot after beating them all, five games (and I shouldn't be counting Ratchet and Clank, but since you mentioned it alongisde U4, I will) aren't just enough for someone to get a console and play through them exclusively. Mind you, I have multiplatform games, but the same rule apply; and since they want only exclusives (or so it's the idea that I get from your thread), five games alone aren't worth getting a console for. The prospect of more future games isn't enough; just wait until those games have released, then get the console.

I know but I've kinda developed my own standard: AAA, AA, and then you have "indie", which covers most of them. I just can't lump a game like SOMA with the tons of games that come out every week on Steam lol. It being about production values and budget makes more sense. Star Citizen is also "indie".

Different people have different rules on how many games makes it worth to buy a console. I dunno how many games you need to justify a console but for me at least 6 games with many more in the pipeline is a good number to consider getting one. Mind you this is an extreme case for people who would only purchase it for the exclusives alone so for most of us it has been worth it for some time.

For newcomers 6-8 games is a good number, they'll get through those in time for the new heavy hitters start coming out. Backlogs are gonna become a problem otherwise.