By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the PS4 is finally worth it if you're only into exclusives

I need a few more exclusives to bite, to be honest. Plus now that they announced PS4 Neo, I want to get that.

Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank are the two games I really want right now, but I can't justify a purchase for two games, no matter how great they look. I have my PC for multiplats, and Wii U/3DS for exclusives. I also have a backlog.

Around the Network

Playstation has always been worth it for me (since PS1) with its variety of 1st & 3rd party exclusives, and 3rd party multiplats.

Currently I find XB and Wii U less appealing due to the lack of 1st & 3rd party exclusives that have interested me.

I have a 360 and the only games i have for it are the Halo games, and my Wii U has a handful of their 1st party exclusives. But I think now they aren't enough for me to purchase their next system if they follow the same path as their previous console.

..but to all one's own :)

gatito said:
Two years and a half later it's worth buying. Yay I guess.

And it will get a ton of games for another 6+ years.  Big Yay for anyone only buying now. 

Looking at my library, the games that caught my eye enough to warrant a purchase (aside from multi-plats) are Until Dawn, SFV, The Order, inFamous 3, Gravity Rush, Onechanbara Z, and The Last of Us. I have a few digital titties, too.

Some were great. Some were good. Some sucked. It's a great console, though.

I just wanna play Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne. Still not worth it

Around the Network

As a PS4/WiiU/XBO owner (basically all of the 7th and 8th gen consoles), this is what I own on PS4 and XBO. I can buy whatever I want whenever I want but, of course, I only buy what appeals to me.

Games available on one and not the other:
XBO
-Gears of War Ultimate Edition
-Titanfall
-Dead Rising 3
-Forza Horizon 2
-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Ryse Son of Rome
-Sunset Overdrive
-Halo MCC
-Quantum Break

PS4
-inFamous Second Son (and First Light)
-The Last of Us
-Onechanbara Z
-Until Dawn
-Gravity Rush
-Street Fighter V
-The Order 1886

I typically buy third party games on PS4 unless there's no notable difference. Then I get the XBO version solely because I prefer their screenshot/game DVR setup. Both are totally awesome, though. This gen has improved greatly. Last year this time, I was really unhappy. It's still not as good as 7th gen but it's not bad.

*edit* I have tons of digital only titles, too!

And it's cheaper. That's why is smarter to wait. Still a disappointing Gen.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

The PS4 will be worth buying as soon as Horizon launches, as far as I'm concerned. Provided it doesn't massively disappoint.

Turkish said:
Acevil said:
Not really, seeing as how Uncharted releases in couple of days, and is not out. The rest are pretty meh outside of Bloodborne and Infamous.

That's just your opinion and doubt you've even played half of the games in OP, I list games newcomers could be interested in.

Ratchet&Clank, Until Dawn, Driveclub and Tearaway Unfolded have been pretty amazing btw.

Ratchet is still GOTY (until I play UC4).

Of course it is an opinion, and it wasn't just my opinion someone shared my sentiment, and actually went above it by saying they don't even like bloodborne or infamous. And of course I haven't played all of it, but I know my tastes really well. 

The question you presented, and I answered it. I am very statisifed with the ps4, but when it comes to exclusives it is pretty meh. I have enjoyed more multiplatform games.

As celador broke it down in tiers, I guess I should do it too, these games are not on the same level.

Incredible tier:

The Last Of Us Remastered
God Of War III Remastered

Great tier:

Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection
Bloodborne
Ratchet & Clank
Journey
Infamous: Second Son

Good tier:

Driveclub
Until Dawn

Average Tier:

The Order 1886
Killzone: Shadow Fall

Bad Tier:

Flower

Depending on your tastes it may be a fantastic system or a bad one. Do not count exclusives according to metacritic, it wouldn't reflect your taste. If you want a system on exclusives, and think of getting a PS4 I suggest research on its library and choose according to what taste you have.