By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the PS4 is finally worth it if you're only into exclusives

I'm still waiting for prices to drop but yeah, the PS4 is clearly worth a purchase at this point. I want to know more about the PS4 Neo and I just can't justify buying a game at €60 when I know its price will drop to half of that once the Platinum / Player's Choice stuff releases.

So far, my PS3 and PSP Go have been great purchases (just regret the PS Vita a bit). The former had lots of great games and the PSP Go was a special offer for €99 (with 10 retail games included!) and lots of great games on sales for €7.99 on the PSN. That's the kind of situation I'm waiting for with the PS4.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
There's people that only play exclusives? :o

I only play exclusives on my XB1 and Nintendo platforms.  PS4 is for multiplat/PS exclusives.  And every once in a while I even fire up the PC for a PC exclusive or 3.

It's starting to be worth it.

Uabit said:

It took 3 years for it to be worth, but finally uncharted 4 is here. The problem i have is that i have the console almost since launch and i'm not very happy with it (also i play mostly on PC and i know the advantages this platform has over consoles).

You got your PS4 in May 2013?????

And maybe you primarily playing on PC has something to do with it. 

To OP, yes it's now worth it if you are getting it solely for exclusives. It's always been worth it to me cause it's the only way I play games. I simply don't have the time to have more than one platform. And can't justify investing money in a PC outside for work just to spit out more pixels.... my work PC is overpowered enough as it is. 

Louie said:
I'm still waiting for prices to drop but yeah, the PS4 is clearly worth a purchase at this point. I want to know more about the PS4 Neo and I just can't justify buying a game at €60 when I know its price will drop to half of that once the Platinum / Player's Choice stuff releases.

So far, my PS3 and PSP Go have been great purchases (just regret the PS Vita a bit). The former had lots of great games and the PSP Go was a special offer for €99 (with 10 retail games included!) and lots of great games on sales for €7.99 on the PSN. That's the kind of situation I'm waiting for with the PS4.

All the rumors about Neo makes people who want ps4 to be confuse. Best scenario for you and for all is ps4 neo to be 299. worst scenario is ps4 neo to be 399 and the old ps4 drop at 299. As for the games you will be find a lot on half price and lower even psn has make every week discounts in europe

Around the Network

Not really, seeing as how Uncharted releases in couple of days, and is not out. The rest are pretty meh outside of Bloodborne and Infamous.

PS4 4 LIFE

Intrinsic said:
Uabit said:

It took 3 years for it to be worth, but finally uncharted 4 is here. The problem i have is that i have the console almost since launch and i'm not very happy with it (also i play mostly on PC and i know the advantages this platform has over consoles).

You got your PS4 in May 2013?????

And maybe you primarily playing on PC has something to do with it. 

To OP, yes it's now worth it if you are getting it solely for exclusives. It's always been worth it to me cause it's the only way I play games. I simply don't have the time to have more than one platform. And can't justify investing money in a PC outside for work just to spit out more pixels.... my work PC is overpowered enough as it is. 

I don't know what his PC has to do with him not seeing complete value in the system, I mean you just voiced being the polar opposite (for some reason related to his PC post).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ka-pi96 said:
There's people that only play exclusives? :o

Me... that'll probaly change though I'll probaly get some multiplats on ps4 eventually

Wright said:

Why the OP divided "console exclusives" and then made another "console exclusive" list afterwards? If he was trying to list "indie" games on the third list, why are SOMA, The Talos Principle, Firewatch, The Witness and No Man's Sky on the second list?

As for the thread itself, I'm not sure I would agree. From the fully exclusive games, I can say I've only liked three of those (Bloodborne, Infamous and Until Dawn). The console exclusive department is much better, and even then you could argue console exclusives aren't "real exclusives", like what happened back on the 360 era which had some games being on PC and people disminishing the console's software value for it. The Tales Principle PC version is far superior to the PS4 one, for example, since OP likes to remark that FF XV version will be the superior one on PS4.

Overall it's a nice machine to have, but as far as exclusive goes, you'd be doing better waiting a bit until it gets more.

The division is just there separating the bigger indies from the smaller ones, even though technically both lists include indies. SOMA, The Witness, Talos Principle etc have higher budgets and are in AA territory.

I'm also not sure you understand the thread. This is for newcomers who don't have a PS4 yet and whether it'd be worth it for them for the exclusives alone. If you're recommending 3 games, then that's already 3 games to go with the machine, and now there's Ratchet and Uncharted 4. That's 5 games with many more to look forward to in the next half year. How many games and what kind of outlook should a system have before you'd start recommending it because I've never seen a console with better prospects for the future than the PS4 right now.