By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the PS4 is finally worth it if you're only into exclusives

Uabit said:
It took 3 years for it to be worth, but finally uncharted 4 is here. The problem i have is that i have the console almost since launch and i'm not very happy with it (also i play mostly on PC and i now the advantages this platform has over consoles).

Well if u only have it "almost since launch" then that makes you have it around 2 years, not 3. And yeah, it's in the OP and title, this thread is all about PS4 finally making you happy if you're only into exclusives, if you started buying now you have many to play and much to look forward to soon.

Around the Network

So it's finally worth it for Nintendo fans? Cool, i'll let them know

Ka-pi96 said:
There's people that only play exclusives? :o

Did you not know? If there isn't at least 50 exclusives with a meta of 90%+ the platform is pointless!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I would say to wait until Persona 5 launches, but yeah, now it is worth it, from a exclusive games point of view

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It's still all subjective. I only own Driveclub off that list and won't be buying any of the games listed for myself personally. I might buy Infamous for my son eventually. Meanwhile for someone else it might have been worth the $350 or $400 just for one or two of those games. lol, you listed The Order.

Around the Network

Persona 5 will be the final touch to make it the console of thé génération, along with NiOh, TLG, GT Sport, and some other games

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Why the OP divided "console exclusives" and then made another "console exclusive" list afterwards? If he was trying to list "indie" games on the third list, why are SOMA, The Talos Principle, Firewatch, The Witness and No Man's Sky on the second list?

As for the thread itself, I'm not sure I would agree. From the fully exclusive games, I can say I've only liked three of those (Bloodborne, Infamous and Until Dawn). The console exclusive department is much better, and even then you could argue console exclusives aren't "real exclusives", like what happened back on the 360 era which had some games being on PC and people disminishing the console's software value for it. The Tales Principle PC version is far superior to the PS4 one, for example, since OP likes to remark that FF XV version will be the superior one on PS4.

Overall it's a nice machine to have, but as far as exclusive goes, you'd be doing better waiting a bit until it gets more.

None of the consoles this generation have made me need them, not when I have a PC for multi-plats. The PS4 is in the lead for my attention, though, and Gran Turismo, TLG, and Horizon might push it over the edge.

Reported for posting empty OP.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

And is just a begnning we wait on E3 first party developers to show what they have for us Alienation, Shadow of the beast, U4, No mans sky for now and TLG, Horizon, Detroid, GOW, GT SPORTS Sucker punch new game... and so much more.
Hope VR (ps moves games) don't destroy the show.