By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chinese Room calls CDPR games sexist

KLXVER said:
The Chinese Room?

Literally a bunch of nobodies.

Damn i can't wait for Blood and Wine, Witcher 3 really is one of the best games ever made, top 10 easily.

Around the Network
celador said:

Embarassing really

I don't like these gotcha topics.  What is the context behind the tweet?

SlayerRondo said:
hunter_alien said:

True. But they do work in completely different genres.In the same way, CDPR never tried to dabble in surrealism and minimalistick approach in exploration. If anything comparing the two teams work is like comparing apples to oranges.

Again, I want to pooint out that their attack on CDPR is stupid, immature and ignorant. But that should not take away from a whole teams merits.

Do not mean to imply that they don;t have their merits but the development of characters in a fully realized medieval world is a far cry from what there known for and tweeting that The Witcher 3 was sexist should not be viewed as one developer telling off another.

I think they should apologize for the tweet though, was not the right way for a company to address this.

Yeah, an appology would be welcomed in this case. Allas, they will probably try and ride this one out with as little extra attention as possible.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

CosmicSex said:
celador said:

Embarassing really

True, but in this case it seems that it is not taken out of context. Jessica is known for her failry harsh femminist stance (allas, what femminism should imply IMO is different, but you get my point).

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Funny. My wife wasn't offended by one single female character in Witcher 3 because they where, well, characters. And she beat it twice.

Might be sexism isn't only visuals.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
celador said:

Embarassing really

This is it from what I can see. Gamespot wrote an article about Cyberpunk and the Chinese Room's twitter feed took issue with it.

It's pretty interesting to call a game sexist by a picture a website uses to promote their article about the game. The article itself didn't have that picture though, or anything that could be considered sexy or sexist (didn't read though, so I don't know if there were any sexist words).

We dont even know this character or her role, this is all based on her appearance. What a piece of shit dev.

No you!

Hunting Season is done...

Whoever posted the tweet definitely never watched the Cyberpunk trailer, and I'd venture to say that he/she never played the Witcher games either.