By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chinese Room calls CDPR games sexist

mornelithe said:
CosmicSex said:

Very dissapointing and immarture of you to be frank, but its expected for most (not just you) to adopt group thought.  They have the right to free speech.  This topic should contain the context.  I assume someone called them sexist for making the comments about composers and they replied with that tweet.  If not, its your fault for not including the back story.  Either way good for them for standing up for themselves.  I only belive that everyone has a voice and should be able to speak.  We need to protect the right for both bigots and for SJW to speak their mind. 

Excuse me?  You asked about the context, I showed you how to view the context exactly as it appears on twitter under their "Tweets and Replies" tab.  Ergo, any tweet they sent, and any REPLY they sent to anything would be shown.  Is this in any way unclear?

Nobody is denying them Free Speech are they?  Did anyone stop them from saying something?  Anyone?  At all?  This is not censorship or a free speech issue, this is responding to something stated on a social media platform (pretty sure responding is what we call speech, as well).   I'm unsure why the insults were necessary (could stand to spell it correctly, though), they weren't.  Especially, when you're clearly confused about concepts like Free Speech, which is afforded to both the person submitting the opinion, and those who dissent from that opinion.

After doing some reseach I retract some of my comments to you. It seems that the lady working their social account was reacting to the news article.

I don't think she should be using their company account to state her personal oponion. 

However, I do believe that everyone gets the right to say what they want.  You were trying to shame her for speaking her mind and you are wrong for that.  

If you disagree with here by all means use your free speech to do so. 

I get fustrated in a world where the only comments I hear come from bigots and SJWs.  I can understnd here point of view and I stand by the right of CD to express themselves however they like.   

Around the Network

At least CDPR makes games

CosmicSex said:
mornelithe said:

Excuse me?  You asked about the context, I showed you how to view the context exactly as it appears on twitter under their "Tweets and Replies" tab.  Ergo, any tweet they sent, and any REPLY they sent to anything would be shown.  Is this in any way unclear?

Nobody is denying them Free Speech are they?  Did anyone stop them from saying something?  Anyone?  At all?  This is not censorship or a free speech issue, this is responding to something stated on a social media platform (pretty sure responding is what we call speech, as well).   I'm unsure why the insults were necessary (could stand to spell it correctly, though), they weren't.  Especially, when you're clearly confused about concepts like Free Speech, which is afforded to both the person submitting the opinion, and those who dissent from that opinion.

1) After doing some reseach I retract some of my comments to you. It seems that the lady working their social account was reacting to the news article.

I don't think she should be using their company account to state her personal oponion. 

However, I do believe that everyone gets the right to say what they want.  2)You were trying to shame her for speaking her mind and you are wrong for that.  

If you disagree with here by all means use your free speech to do so. 

I get fustrated in a world where the only comments I hear come from bigots and SJWs.  I can understnd here point of view and I stand by the right of CD to express themselves however they like.   

1) How very charitable of you.  Allow me to continue not caring about your opinion, as well.

2a) To be honest, I merely gave you the tools to determine the context for yourself while giving an accurate representation of what was stated in the past 24 hours on their public social media account.  The company.  The company is not a single woman.  The company is the entirety of the people working for said company.  The person who controls the account represents the company.  That's why you tend to get fired if you say or do anything publicly that draws attention to yourself or the company in a negative fashion, nevermind using their freakin twitter account to do so.

2b) You realize, even though I haven't given my official opinion in this thread (at best you could say I was incredulous given the capitolization of 'THAT'), you ARE actively trying to shame me for...just speaking, and not even speaking my mind.  Just relaying the facts of the situation that you SOLICITED (incredulity there too)  Have you so little self-awareness?  Are you that detached from reality that you can't even see yourself becoming (have become?) that which you so sanctimoniously despise? 

Incredible.

mornelithe said:

1) How very charitable of you.  Allow me to continue not caring about your opinion, as well.

2a) To be honest, I merely gave you the tools to determine the context for yourself while giving an accurate representation of what was stated in the past 24 hours on their public social media account.  The company.  The company is not a single woman.  The company is the entirety of the people working for said company.  The person who controls the account represents the company.  That's why you tend to get fired if you say or do anything publicly that draws attention to yourself or the company in a negative fashion, nevermind using their freakin twitter account to do so.

2b) You realize, even though I haven't given my official opinion in this thread (at best you could say I was incredulous given the capitolization of 'THAT'), you ARE actively trying to shame me for...just speaking, and not even speaking my mind.  Just relaying the facts of the situation that you SOLICITED (incredulity there too)  Have you so little self-awareness?  Are you that detached from reality that you can't even see yourself becoming (have become?) that which you so sanctimoniously despise? 

Incredible.

No, I am fine.  I expect you to explain why you are posting something.  I don't applogize for that but I do understand that I am wrong for expecting the basics from people.  I can't read your mind but usually these things are presented by bigots in opposition to SJW (or vise versa).  And since you didn't provide context I assume you are one or the other.  Until such a time as you have an oponion, or explain your point, you are just rambling.   There is no way you have enough inforation on me to know what I dispise or my level of self-awareness so please back the hell off.  Or don't - free speech after all lol.  Having to 'shame' you into admitting that you don't have a point other than mine (about company property) was my agenda.   One mistake I made was making a comment without doing my own research and I am self-aware enough to admit that.  And that is charity because I don't have to give you anything. 

CosmicSex said:
mornelithe said:

Incredible.

No, I am fine.  I expect you to explain why you are posting something.  I don't applogize for that but I do understand that I am wrong for expecting the basics from people.  I can't read your mind but usually these things are presented by bigots in opposition to SJW (or vise versa).  And since you didn't provide context I assume you are one or the other.  Until such a time as you have an oponion, or explain your point, you are just rambling.   There is no way you have enough inforation on me to know what I dispise or my level of self-awareness so please back the hell off.  Or don't - free speech after all lol.  Having to 'shame' you into admitting that you don't have a point other than mine (about company property) was my agenda.   One mistake I made was making a comment without doing my own research and I am self-aware enough to admit that.  And that is charity because I don't have to give you anything. 

You ASKED, that's why.  When people ask for things, it's not uncommon for someone to respond.  I was right, zero self-awareness. 

CosmicSex said:

I don't like these gotcha topics.  ------------------------------> What is the context behind the tweet? <--------------------------------------------------

Btw, my opinion is a smaller indie dev wanted to talk shit about a much bigger and more successful studio, probably for the free publicity it would earn them.  

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

You ASKED, that's why.  When people ask for things, it's not uncommon for someone to respond.  I was right, zero self-awareness. 

CosmicSex said:

I don't like these gotcha topics.  ------------------------------> What is the context behind the tweet? <--------------------------------------------------

Btw, my opinion is a smaller indie dev wanted to talk shit about a much bigger and more successful studio, probably for the free publicity it would earn them.  

Dont play games with me about self awareness.   The truth is that you did answer me but I didn't understand.  Are you aware enough to understand this?  That is all.  I have nothing to prove.  Its not that deep or existential.

Either way fine fair enough.  That makes complete sense and I would have to agree.  I would say that its more than that.  From what I have seen they are activist devs if you catch my drift.   I noticed that a few years ago when the account was sending out tweets supporting and attacking political canidates. 

And I appoligize for my harshness.  I don't intend to insult or get personal with people. I am just tired of watching a proxy war between people who want to make everything politics and those who are complacent with actual those who are actually denied social justice. 

Oh dear, what a bunch of plonkers...is there anything these SJWs won't be offended by?

When did words stop meaning things? How the fuck is that sexist?

"The Chinese Room" sounds a bit racist.

Aren't these the same pretencous assholes that lied in an interview that said "totalbiscuit said we are killing the games industry"?

BraLoD said:
This shit is never going to stop.

This doesn't have to be true but you can't fight it with name calling.  

I would challange us to ask whether CD's upcoming project would attract as much attention without the sexy lady android thing.   I would also challange CR to make an argument without assuming something is meant to be sexist.  The cyber punk style is over the top to say the least and that is on of the aspects of cyberpunk. 

So all the namecalling of and claims of SJW aren't even necessary (or solving anything) here becuase all you would have to do is point her in the direction of some classic cyberpunk imagery.  Then we could prove that this isn't sexist but is true to the style of the game's namesake.   I imagine some women would feel that this is demeaning to women because they don't understand the origin of the style.