By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - kotaku - NX delayed to 2017 due to launch games lineup

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Is there even a good launch library for the NX though? No mention of it at the last E3 before release would suggest not...

It's kind of hard to say when they haven't officially unveiled the console yet. I hope there's plenty of launch games for the Wii U.

Id rather they have a few good ones that I want than a ton of them.

Honestly all they need is a Galaxy / mario 64 / sunshine type mario game, along sides a new Zelda game.

Those 2 games would make for a strong launch game lineup imo.

Around the Network

Wouldn't be surprising, honestly.. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

JRPGfan said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

It's kind of hard to say when they haven't officially unveiled the console yet. I hope there's plenty of launch games for the Wii U.

Id rather they have a few good ones that I want than a ton of them.

Honestly all they need is a Galaxy / mario 64 / sunshine type mario game, along sides a new Zelda game.

Those 2 games would make for a strong launch game lineup imo.

I understand, but they need a good launch for their system with a steady stream of games (as in not a lot of droughts).

Given the launch lineups of both the 3DS and the Wii U, I'm genuinely thrilled that they would be taking the launch of their next console as seriously as this news suggests...

Have a nice day...

They will probably have the biggest launch line up that they had ever had in their history. Considering the NX probably cannibalised half of the Wii U's games....I'm pretty sure Nintendo wants to flood the market with NX games and have a wide verity of 1st and 3rd party games for its launch window. Hell, it's possible that they are doing this to give 3rd parties more time to have a fair opportunity to release quality titles for the system.

Around the Network

Holiday release would still be the better decision imo.
3 months won't make big changes for the games.

dont care, will buy it anyways

so after the launch we will have long draughts again. wonderfull.

Instead of releasing a new console hiring more developers could help nintendo.

Wow, that OP is a stretch...

Did not read the whole thread, so someone might have sad this already: he said NX needed games but he didn't specify it was 1st party games. It could very well be that 3rd parties didn't have time to get games ready for launch or the following period.

If i remember right, it wasn't just Nintendo games that were missing in the first quarter after launch.