By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - kotaku - NX delayed to 2017 due to launch games lineup

Well, better this than having a Wii U-like launch line-up.They need a great first year, and if that means 3-4 months delay, im more than fine with it.

And Im pretty sure it wont be because of Zelda.Zelda probably was delayed because of NX, and by consequence, because of the other launch line-ups.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Nintendo can't be serious, their struggling with LAUNCH games ?!

This does not bode well especially if they transition to current gen physically based HD twin like game development ...

Uh...launch exclusives being baren is pretty common lately.  3DS, Wii U, Xbone, PS4, all had launch lineups that were just "OK".  I think though it's more about compression.  The Wii U's first year had a lot of droughts.  By cutting a couple months off of the NX's first year and building up some games before launch should allow for a greater density of games in 2017.  And it's not like they're development issues this gen have been THAT bad, they just have no 3rd party support of any kind so when they don't make games the Wii U has a big load of nothing to substitute.  

If this is true, then it's great to delay it. Like I said countless times, they need a first full year with tons of games. 7-8 like they Wii U used to get won't do it. They need a great launch line up, like Zelda HD and a 3D Mario, and after that at least 1 big game per month. I know it's a lot, but it's the only way and Kimishima knows it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Peh said:
Way to turn this into a bad news.
Where does Nintendo say that they have troube with game developing?
Where does it say it is being delayed, meaning holiday season was an official release date?

Geez... OP.

Its to be expected.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

This is exactly why I said no nx till 2017. I'll just add it to the things I was probably right about.

Around the Network
tak13 said:

Ps4 launched in February, and wii u in December in Japan...

PS4 launched November 15 2013, for europe & america. February 2014 was just for japan.

Sony prioritized NA+EU above JP.

They did infact launch for the holiday sales.

I think it's understandable for them to release the NX later than the holiday season this year. They need to be more prepared than they were for the Wii U.

JRPGfan said:
V-r0cK said:
So they delayed the NX because of Zelda? lol

No I think zelda is ready by now (atleast the Wii U version, since they plan to let people play it at E3).

It must be the other games? Im not sure.

I think its more likely they delayed "Zelda U" to match the launch of the NX.

So they could get potential nintendo core gamers, to go get a NX right out the gate for the zelda game.

Nintendo delayed Zelda to 2017, they delayed the NX to 2017, and now they're saying they delayed the NX to 2017 because of launch games line up....

No bigger Nintendo game is more anticipated than Zelda so im just putting the 2 and 2 together =P

If Zelda Wii U is done then you're saying it'll take Nintendo almost a whole year just to port to the NX?  I don't think Zelda is done yet.

My theory anyways =P

If this is true, Nintendo...just go 3rd party. As much as it pains my soul to say it.

Ljink96 said:
If this is true, Nintendo...just go 3rd party. As much as it pains my soul to say it.

I disagree. I would rather see them launch the system prepared than rushing it like they did with the Wii U.