By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - kotaku - NX delayed to 2017 due to launch games lineup

This is basically the same thing that happened with the 3DS ... they tried for holiday 2010, but ended up just missing and launching in Februrary/March 2011 instead.

3 month-ish delay by Nintendo standards is not really a big deal, though it is painful from the POV of missing the holiday sales season.

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
So they delayed the NX because of Zelda? lol

Oops! I didn't know launch games = Zelda! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

People want a good lauch library for the NX.

This is what you get!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Ljink96 said:
If this is true, Nintendo...just go 3rd party. As much as it pains my soul to say it.

I disagree. I would rather see them launch the system prepared than rushing it like they did with the Wii U.

That much is true, but when you continually have hardware issues and software incompetence...that spells out SEGA to me. Once nobody starts to care about your hardware anymore, which is the case with Wii U more than the 3DS, but once this happens you start bleeding money or profits and revenue are slashed which is exactly what's going on with Nintendo at the moment. I don't want them to go 3rd party but the fact that they might have software issues is startling. They don't buy enough companies to help them make games, the ones that they do buy up, they don't allow them to spread their wings...it's just a trying time for Nintendo. I hope this isn't the case.

Jranation said:
V-r0cK said:
So they delayed the NX because of Zelda? lol

Oops! I didn't know launch games = Zelda! 

Just reading between the lines :P

Around the Network

Any other source besides Kotaku for this news. I don't put any value in Kotaku. Especially when it comes to Nintendo.

They better think of something fast! Like... maybe they did idk. I just hope they'll give us good games this holiday!     

Nuvendil said:

Uh...launch exclusives being baren is pretty common lately.  3DS, Wii U, Xbone, PS4, all had launch lineups that were just "OK".  I think though it's more about compression.  The Wii U's first year had a lot of droughts.  By cutting a couple months off of the NX's first year and building up some games before launch should allow for a greater density of games in 2017.  And it's not like they're development issues this gen have been THAT bad, they just have no 3rd party support of any kind so when they don't make games the Wii U has a big load of nothing to substitute.  

That's where I would strongly disagree and 3rd parties skipping the WII U is not an excuse for Nintendo's poor output since they have much better things to do than to wait for the WII U to get some market share ... 

Nintendo's line up for the WII U over the years has been nothing short of what one would describe as "sparse". WII U owners will own 3 games less than the Gamecube owners despite having the latter being the bigger install base ... 

Nintendo is not even supposed to be struggling as much as the rest of the industry when most of the technical groundwork was already laid out for them ... 

If nintendo put out a new and great Galaxy game.... all will be forgiven :) and the delay will be but a minor thing.

New Super Mario Galaxy game + Zelda U (NX enhanced version) = success.

Ka-pi96 said:
Jranation said:
People want a good lauch library for the NX.

This is what you get!

Is there even a good launch library for the NX though? No mention of it at the last E3 before release would suggest not...

It's kind of hard to say when they haven't officially unveiled the console yet. I hope there's plenty of launch games for the Wii U.