By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - kotaku - NX delayed to 2017 due to launch games lineup

the big question is : wil third parties support NX ?

Around the Network

Why not launch NX with ready games this holiday and get holiday sales then during the first half of the year launch games that weren't ready at launch to keep the NX momentum going?

Ka-pi96 said:
Jranation said:
People want a good lauch library for the NX.

This is what you get!

Is there even a good launch library for the NX though? No mention of it at the last E3 before release would suggest not...

Im just saying how lots of people here want a good/lots of games at launch + Its first year. If pushing the release date can achieve that then theres no problem? 

At the end of the day we can think what's best for Nintendo. But also think what's best for you. If a March release date means:

- More games for the NX

- Possibly more games for the Wii U and 3DS (A lot of people were bitching about the its short life) 

- More issues to be fixed (loading times) on the NX 

- People can start saving up their $$$$ - Especially to those people that think that it should be more powerful than the PS4. 

Then wouldn't that benefit us? 

Or 1 reason I could think that a March release date would be bad is because people might not have time to play the NX. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

gintama said:
the big question is : wil third parties support NX ?

Do they even know what it is yet? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

They want to make better launch games like they did on Wii 10 years...

Around the Network

This is the exact reason why I said it would launch in 2017. To have a successful console launch you need a good amount of games that appeal to a wide audience.

Seems plausible.

Wich is what i always said. HD games don't grow on trees. They take a long time and big teams to be delivered in a timely fashion.

Nem said:

Wich is what i always said. HD games don't grow on trees. They take a long time and big teams to be delivered in a timely fashion.

You said they were going to delay from 2016 to March 2017? Amazing.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think this article and theory may be hogwash, I find it much more likely that Nintendo is having some sort of issues fine tuning the hardware than they are pushing software.

I mean lets be real- Nintendo has had an abnormally small amount of employees and teams for the size of their company for a longgg time. way way way smaller gaming companies like Ubisoft have has many employees for gods sake.

In terms of software output Nintendo should have no problem hiring more help if thats what they want/need to do. There are game designers lining up to work for a Nintendo team