By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft or Warcraft, Whats more successful?

Tagged games:

Whats a more successful game?

Minecraft 31 40.26%

World of Warcraft 46 59.74%

Total:77

Wow.

There's less than five games that can claim to be more successful than Minecraft. And wow is one of them.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
spemanig said:
That's not even a fair comparison. Wow has over a decade on Minecraft.

7 years but even if you compare launch aligned it's still not close. The WoW subscription model, expansions and DLCs is what makes the comparison unfair.

The one thing Minecraft might have over WoW is merchandise sales.

Minecraft is on mobile. WoW doesn't stand a chance in the long run.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Minecraft is on mobile. WoW doesn't stand a chance in the long run.

So, currently, you agree WoW is more successful :)

Define success and we can discuss.

Around the Network

I would say Minecraft in all categories except revenue. Minecraft has been able to be a common household name and attract literally everyone, from smartphone gamers to hardcore console or PC gamers, young and old. It is also a fantastic game in that it gives the gamer a blank canvas in which you can, pretty freely, let your imagination run rampant. Minecraft is the Mario of our time and that is a hard feat to pull off. WoW is my personal favorite of the two but there is no doubt as to what game has made the biggest impact.

Pretty sure WoW made alot more money.

KungKras said:
Wow.

There's less than five games that can claim to be more successful than Minecraft. And wow is one of them.

A bit confused on what beats WoW success, I can think of franchises, but not a single game. League comes close, but I do not know if it can beat 10 million people paying monthly fees. 

Which is better Adventure Island or Qbert?

Acevil said:
KungKras said:
Wow.

A bit confused on what beats WoW, I can think of franchises, but not a single game. 

Depends entirely on what we're considering 'success'.  If it's profitability, Minecraft isn't even in the top 10.  Warcraft (as of 2015's estimates) is 4th.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-11-top-grossing-video-games-of-all-time-2015-8