By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft or Warcraft, Whats more successful?

Tagged games:

Whats a more successful game?

Minecraft 31 40.26%

World of Warcraft 46 59.74%

Total:77
mornelithe said:
Acevil said:

A bit confused on what beats WoW, I can think of franchises, but not a single game. 

Depends entirely on what we're considering 'success'.  If it's profitability, Minecraft isn't even in the top 10.  Warcraft (as of 2015's estimates) is 4th.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-11-top-grossing-video-games-of-all-time-2015-8

Huh, I cannot believe how much I underestimated arcades,

Around the Network
Acevil said:
mornelithe said:

Depends entirely on what we're considering 'success'.  If it's profitability, Minecraft isn't even in the top 10.  Warcraft (as of 2015's estimates) is 4th.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-11-top-grossing-video-games-of-all-time-2015-8

Gotta remember, for decades, those cabinets were in many, many types of stores, not just arcades.  Pizza/Hamburger joints etc.... Space Invaders was everywhere.

mornelithe said:
Acevil said:

Gotta remember, for decades, those cabinets were in many, many types of stores, not just arcades.  Pizza/Hamburger joints etc.... Space Invaders was everywhere.

Well I counted that as an Arcade as well, I didn't mean Arcade the location, I meant Arcades as the box thingy. 

Skratchy said:
Which is better Adventure Island or Qbert?

Adventure Island?  :)

Acevil said:
mornelithe said:

Well I counted that as an Arcade as well, I didn't mean Arcade the location, I meant Arcades as the box thingy. 

Ahh gotcha :)

Around the Network

Minecraft imo

Acevil said:
KungKras said:
Wow.

There's less than five games that can claim to be more successful than Minecraft. And wow is one of them.

A bit confused on what beats WoW success, I can think of franchises, but not a single game. League comes close, but I do not know if it can beat 10 million people paying monthly fees. 

I said that there was less than five who were more successful than Minecraft, not more successful thab wow.
I can only think of one game that's possibly more successful than Wow and that's the first Super Mario Brothers, because it rocketed the NES platform which in turn made lots of profits.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I think World of Warcraft.

KungKras said:
Acevil said:

A bit confused on what beats WoW success, I can think of franchises, but not a single game. League comes close, but I do not know if it can beat 10 million people paying monthly fees. 

I said that there was less than five who were more successful than Minecraft, not more successful thab wow.
I can only think of one game that's possibly more successful than Wow and that's the first Super Mario Brothers, because it rocketed the NES platform which in turn made lots of profits.

Wow, did I read your sentence wrong, sorry about that. 

mornelithe said:
Acevil said:

A bit confused on what beats WoW, I can think of franchises, but not a single game. 

It's amazing that the highest grossing games still to this day are the arcades.

That people putting quarters into an insanely expensive machine brought more revenue than subscription MMOs is interesting to say the least.

I LOVE ICELAND!