By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo IP had the most impressive leap to HD?

?

Xenoblade 47 16.97%

Mario Kart 159 57.40%

Pikmin 36 13.00%

Smash Bros 13 4.69%

3D Mario 10 3.61%

Other 12 4.33%

Total:277
HoloDust said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Pikmin
The third game is amazingly beautiful and vivid.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that people are picking MK over Pikmin.

The fruits look so real!

Around the Network

Mario Kart.

Xenoblade X without a doubt. Holy. Shit.
Impressive game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Mario Kart 8 and soon Zelda U if the latest teaser is actually Zelda U's graphic.

either pikmin or donkey kong. The fur in donkey kong was especially impressive. I tried touching the screen to feel it. :)

Around the Network
CarcharodonKraz said:
I tried touching the screen to feel it. :)

What was the result?

HoloDust said:

, but also I'm not sure if people skipped the "most impressive LEAP" part

Yeah, I can see now that it would be easy to misinterpret this thread as asking which HD debut looks the most impressive, when instead I meant the biggest gap between said HD debuts and their SD predecessors.

MK8. XCX shouldnt even be on the list imo

StarOcean said:
MK8. XCX shouldnt even be on the list imo

I feel the opposite.

MK8 looks great but the gameplay and tracks could translate fine to Wii. While its hard to imagine something like XCX on Wii.

I'm not just looking at which has the best looking graphics, I'm looking at the game overall.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

hsrob said:
I'd say it's slightly premature without a Zelda or a Metroid entry, but of those, easily Mario Kart. It went from being just an ok looking game to being among the best the system has to offer.

I don't think we're in time to consider a Metroid game "fair" in this comparison, whenever Metroid arrives it'll certainly look better than any game on the Wii U, also, the fact that Metroid is one of the most realistic IPs from Nintendo doesn't help...