By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo IP had the most impressive leap to HD?

?

Xenoblade 47 16.97%

Mario Kart 159 57.40%

Pikmin 36 13.00%

Smash Bros 13 4.69%

3D Mario 10 3.61%

Other 12 4.33%

Total:277

Xenoblade to XCX for me.

Mario Kart is an enormous leap too, but the addition of programmable pixel shaders and more memory really benefitted Xenoblade's more realistic art style and signature sense of scale in my opinion.

Around the Network

Mario Kart. Easy.

I'm now filled with determination.

curl-6 said:

Xenoblade to XCX for me.

Mario Kart is an enormous leap too, but the addition of programmable pixel shaders, HD resolution, and more memory really benefitted Xenoblade's more realistic art style and signature sense of scale in my opinion.

Not to mention that while some like to moan about the character model style (I think the style is fine and shockingly expressive in the big cutscenes where it really counts (dem Chapter 11 moments hit right in the feels)) the cold hard fact is that the leap in technical quality for them was astounding.  Triple or more the polygon counts.  And the detail of props saw a similar, very big upgrade.  The big picture on the Wii was indeed very impressive.  But the nitty gritty, the up close was quite rough (including the oft forgotten incredibly bad and stiff animations in all dialogue and cutscene sequences outside the big, preanimated ones).

Mario Kart 8. Some people may say Xenoblade X but I might be in the minority in that I really liked Xenoblade's graphics and still think they look decent when compared to XCX. Mario Kart Wii on the other hand looks like hot garbage compared to Mario Kart 8 and I can't wait to see what Nintendo will do with MK9 when you take into account the extra power the NX will provide. Hell, I can't wait to see what an HD F-Zero will look like if Fast Racing Neo is any indication of what to expect.

Rosalina Bike 1

Uhh.... I mean Mario Kart.

Around the Network

Zelda. Though from what's released I'd also go with Mario Kart. It was a big surprise that it looks as amazing as it does. That's good art-direction for you.

wombat123 said:

Mario Kart 8. Some people may say Xenoblade X but I might be in the minority in that I really liked Xenoblade's graphics and still think they look decent when compared to XCX.

I think XBC's vistas are striking, but XCX took it to a whole 'nother level. The sheer size and seamlessness of its world was mind boggling.

Pikmin
The third game is amazingly beautiful and vivid.

Rogerioandrade said:
Pikmin
The third game is amazingly beautiful and vivid.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that people are picking MK over Pikmin.

spemanig said:
Wright said:

As much as I dislike the game and the franchise overall, Mario Kart. It's simply gorgeous to look at.

How dare you not like a game that I like?

Yeah, how dare I!