By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo IP had the most impressive leap to HD?

?

Xenoblade 47 16.97%

Mario Kart 159 57.40%

Pikmin 36 13.00%

Smash Bros 13 4.69%

3D Mario 10 3.61%

Other 12 4.33%

Total:277

Mario Kart... by miles.

Around the Network

After actually playing XCX, I actually think it looks pretty bad. It was kind of devastating playing through the game and noticing all of the little tricks they pulled to get the game running on the Wii U, because it shows so much. All I thought was "I can't wait to see this franchise done actual justice on a system that can handle it." So many corners were cut that it's literally a different shape now.

Pikmin 3 for me. Breathtaking environments! Cant wait for Pikmin 4.

spemanig said:
After actually playing XCX, I actually think it looks pretty bad. It was kind of devastating playing through the game and noticing all of the little tricks they pulled to get the game running on the Wii U, because it shows so much. All I thought was "I can't wait to see this franchise done actual justice on a system that can handle it." So many corners were cut that it's literally a different shape now.

Sometimes Xeno X looks like ass with horrible pop-in, but overall view still gorgeous:

I was super excited to finally have an HD Mario Kart game! It looks gorgeous!

Around the Network

I'm gonna say Pikmin. Everything else is pretty close to what was before. Just add reflections and sharpness here and there.

archer9234 said:
I'm gonna say Pikmin. Everything else is pretty close to what was before. Just add reflections and sharpness here and there.

I think you're oversimplifying it a bit, but also I'm not sure if people skipped the "most impressive LEAP" part, since I find Pikmin to be exactly that.

HoloDust said:
archer9234 said:

I think you're oversimplifying it a bit, but also I'm not sure if people skipped the "most impressive LEAP" part, since I find Pikmin to be exactly that.

I am simplifying it. But I still stand that Pikmin is the only one. Because of the lack of the series, for one generation. It be like if Zelda skipped N64, GC, & Wii. And went into Wii U. You'd be bowing down. But Smash Brawl to Smash Wii U. Isn't a massive jump.

archer9234 said:
HoloDust said:

I am simplifying it. But I still stand that Pikmin is the only one. Because of the lack of the series, for one generation. It be like if Zelda skipped N64, GC, & Wii. And went into Wii U. You'd be bowing down. But Smash Brawl to Smash Wii U. Isn't a massive jump.

Sure, but Wii to GC jump was just around 1.5x...but I agree, there are games there that do not look THAT much better than Wii versions.

The landscapes in Xenoblade Chroncicles X are incredible...
But Pikmin 3 has the most gorgeous fruit I've ever seen...
Considering both these points...
The only logical conclusion to which I can come is Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival...

Have a nice day...