By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo IP had the most impressive leap to HD?

?

Xenoblade 47 16.97%

Mario Kart 159 57.40%

Pikmin 36 13.00%

Smash Bros 13 4.69%

3D Mario 10 3.61%

Other 12 4.33%

Total:277

Some examples:

Xenoblade

Mario Kart

Pikmin

Smash Bros

Around the Network

I'd say it's slightly premature without a Zelda or a Metroid entry, but of those, easily Mario Kart. It went from being just an ok looking game to being among the best the system has to offer.

Pikmin for sure

I thought the transition from Mario Kart was absolutely stunning.

Wii looked good, but not a big improvement from Double Dash in my eyes, but MK8's HD practially made my eyes explode. (in a good way. )

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I think Pikmin. The environments are so much more lifelike compared to its predecessors, and everything just looks so much better compared to before.

Around the Network

Xenoblade X. Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't even the best looking game on the Wii, but Xenoblade X is easily one of the best looking games on Wii U.

Mario Kart or Xenoblade. For the poll I'll go with Xenoblade.  Zelda could replace one of those though.

RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:
Xenoblade X. Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't even the best looking game on the Wii, but Xenoblade X is easily one of the best looking games on Wii U.

Not really. Compare it to a game like Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush, that's how screentext is done.

*shudders*

Mar1217 said:
bigtakilla said:

If you forget about these anime character doll faces ...

If they bother you that much there are plenty of helmets and masks my friend.

Out of those released... I would pick Mario Kart, for sure. It's probably the best looking Wii U game to date as well, but I'm sure Zelda will dethrone it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won