By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo IP had the most impressive leap to HD?

?

Xenoblade 47 16.97%

Mario Kart 159 57.40%

Pikmin 36 13.00%

Smash Bros 13 4.69%

3D Mario 10 3.61%

Other 12 4.33%

Total:277

Pikmin! it's gorgeous

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

Until Zelda U arrives, Mario Kart 8 easily. No more glossy faces, no more rugged geometry, it's just perfect in every way. I can't complain.

Without a second thought Mario Kart hands down. I still look at some of the levels with amazement.

I'd say Pikmin, at least until Zelda comes out..

Mario Kart looks really gorgous. But that 59 fps on a 60 Hz TV issue bothers me. The last frame will be show twice and this leads to some small hiccups on the screen.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Without any doubt Mario Kart 8, if we compare MK Wii and MK Wii U it looks like difference is two guns, nothing came even close to that. Despite its one Wii U, IMO MK8 is one of bests looking game of this gen.

Zelda U will also look very impressive and maybe more impressive than MK8, buy Zelda Skyward Sword looked pretty good on Wii, so definitely want be different like betwin MK Wii and MK8 Wii U.

spemanig said:
Mario Kart without question. Before MK8, I never even CONSIDERED looking at Mario Kart for visuals. Now it's arguably the best looking game on the Wii U that isn't Wind Waker HD.

As great as Zelda U looks, Skyward Sword looks good too, especially for the Eii. So as far as transitional leaps, even though Zelda U will look better than Mario Kart 8 (and not my a lot), the leap isn't nearly as wide. Mario Kart Wii was a pretty mediocre looking Wii game.

Tottaly agree.

Windwaker HD, stunning upgrade. MK8 doesn't do it for me, not a fan of the art style.
Now this I want more of

Mario Kart. The series went from "meh" graphics on the Wii to "OH MY FLIPPIN GOD, IS THIS A PIXAR MOVIE" tier on Wii U.

Zelda U when it comes out based on what we have seen easily.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261