By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 VERY close to become #1 Retail Software This Gen! (3DS is leading)

MDMAlliance said:
RavenXtra said:

Handhelds in general have lower attach rates than consoles. PSP, PSVita, & Sega Game Gear all have much lower attach rates than even Nintendo handhelds.

Yeah, I've noticed this myself.   I think this partly has to do with the kind of content released, though.

Well its a different audience in general.

Popular console genres haven't done well on portable consoles since PSP.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Thanks for the thread, surprised to learn about the attach ratio differences between home and handheld consoles.

zero129 said:
axumblade said:

The reason they are different is because we do not have a way to track digital sales and the data being used on this thread is based on VGChartz numbers.  

No we do. Just look to SteamSpy. All VGC needs to do is come up with something like that but that can also check Xbox and PSN and Nintendo Profiles.

Anyway im surprised cos i thought the PS4 already was the number 1 software seller at retail O_o . Must of been a dream, but i could of swear i read something like this already x_x .

I dont think any other current cosnole/handheld can beat the 3DS in Japan. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

MortienGerrux said:
sabvre42 said:

Yeah... i don't get his fervor to invade threads and shit on anything Sony. Kinda seems like a boring life. 

Because OP decides to inform people with wrong numbers?

Or are we going the route "PC isn't a gaming platform" while the chart also has handhelds in it?

Your number also is wrong, Steam's Revenue is 2-2.5 Billions of US$, 250 Millions came just from Dota, other 250 Millions came from Cs Go, a Research stated that Steam, is equal to 70% of the Video Game Market Digital Distribution, this means that those 2-2.5 Billions is equal to 70% of the PC Gaming's Revenue for Digital distribution, MMORPG, and Moba, are what Rule the PC,  i think that Mapple Story, still move Hundreds of Millions per year.

And PC's Retail Market does not exist.

Digital Distribution = Purchase games and play the games, Other Revenue that is the Majority of Pc Gaming Revenue, you Download a Launcher, and play on the Company's Server, this isn't Digital Distribution.

PS4 is the #BestPlaceToPlay
Do you expect something different from it?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
zero129 said:

No we do. Just look to SteamSpy. All VGC needs to do is come up with something like that but that can also check Xbox and PSN and Nintendo Profiles.

Not possible. SteamSpy just goes on total ownership. So any sales from there would include physical PC sales which have been registered on Steam. If you were to just take the total PSN/XBL/Nintendo accounts that have played a certain game then you'd also get all the people who bought physical and all the people that have used copies or borrowed copies from friends etc. So your figures would be much higher than the actual sales would be.

Actually there's a way to see what games people played using miiverse. I can't recall how exactly at this time but I've used it before. 

PS4 really killing it this gen

Uncharted 4 will seal the deal.

I know its almost impossible for a game to accomplish %100 attachment rate.

But I honestly can't see how a single PS4 owner will pass on this game.

MortienGerrux said:

Meanwhile Steam sold 350 million paid games in 2015 only.

And Steam (3.5 billion) is only 15% of the total PC games renevue (27 billion)

https://medium.com/steam-spy/steam-sales-in-2015-2e81a6bb0f5a

mod note: Please refrain from replying to this comment. It will be handled as thread derailment from here on out. - Axum

And i dont care PC makes me sleepy..z z z!  

P.S Joke calm down dear!

cool

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q