By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 VERY close to become #1 Retail Software This Gen! (3DS is leading)

Mr Puggsly said:
OneKartVita said:

No I meant which do you think is a better achievement relatively speaking? 

I dont understand your question.

Lets just say moving enough software to get great 3rd party support is the most important achievment. I think X1 has that.

yeah i didn't sound clear. i agree that x1 will sell more software so when we say who did better we say x1 beat the 3ds. 

my question was, who did better reletively. is it a success for the 3ds that it will stay ahead of the x1 for so long and a failure for the x1 to take so long to pass it. Or is it the opposite and it's a good achievement for the x1 to pass it when it will and a failure on the 3ds part to not hold out longer or maybe even outsell it completely. 

stupid question by me but that's what i was asking. 

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Swordmasterman said:

Who have the Bigger install base will sell the most Digital Software, lately a lot of games have sold very well digitally on Japan.

If you Mean Digital Attach Rate per user so then Xbox One, have the Advantage, PS4, is popular in places that have poor internet, and in ones that have good internet, while Xbox One's Most sales came from USA, and UK, while for PS4,  isn't even 50% of the Total Sales.

I think youre arguing PS4 vs X1.

That post was in regard to 3DS vs X1.

I Thought that you was refering to the Thread, "The 1 Retail Software Console this Gen", both have good Digital Attach Rate, but aggain we fall in the same subject, if is Digital Units per User, so i think that the 3DS, have the Advantage, if is Total  sales, of course Xbox One, will have more, 3DS, is selling well on Japan, and Digital Sales of every console are  growing in the same direction.

3DS, sold better on Japan, and on USA, countries with higher Digital Attach rates than other countries, i think that Japan is still ahead of UK's Digital Sales, so the sales per user, is of 3DS, Total, will be for the Xbox.

The average sales of games per generation is 10-12 for Home Consoles, and 5-6 for Handheld, so Xbox One, have the advantage.

OneKartVita said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I dont understand your question.

Lets just say moving enough software to get great 3rd party support is the most important achievment. I think X1 has that.

yeah i didn't sound clear. i agree that x1 will sell more software so when we say who did better we say x1 beat the 3ds. 

my question was, who did better reletively. is it a success for the 3ds that it will stay ahead of the x1 for so long and a failure for the x1 to take so long to pass it. Or is it the opposite and it's a good achievement for the x1 to pass it when it will and a failure on the 3ds part to not hold out longer or maybe even outsell it completely. 

stupid question by me but that's what i was asking. 

Well the achievment for X1 is its still moving a lot of software. A respectable amount for its userbase and core audience (core platforms move more software). With proper support it could move 500-600 million physical units. Not even counting digital.

3DS is a success but also an example of how the mobile console market is losing relevance. So in a nutshell, X1 is in a more desireable position. X1 may move more physical software than 3DS, Wii U, and Vita combined.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

If we're going to lump all gaming devices foolishly into one, then ios and android owns them all. PS4 or 3DS... neither of them come close to software Apples game sales.

Even if home consoles usually sell more software... this is still impressive. Especially since the PS4 is still far from catching the 3DS hardware-wise.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Even if home consoles usually sell more software... this is still impressive. Especially since the PS4 is still far from catching the 3DS hardware-wise.

yeah i'm surprised it managed to catch it in just over 2 years. thought it would have taken longer. 

AlfredoTurkey said:

If we're going to lump all gaming devices foolishly into one, then ios and android owns them all. PS4 or 3DS... neither of them come close to software Apples game sales.

We're not lumping them all onto one we're talking about sales that vgchartz actually track because that's the site we're all on. PS4 has already taken over 3ds if you count digital sales but they aren't tracked here.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

We're not lumping them all onto one we're talking about sales that vgchartz actually track because that's the site we're all on. PS4 has already taken over 3ds if you count digital sales but they aren't tracked here.

Bingo!  The celebration will take place in about 2 weeks! 

This gen is showing signs of the ps2 domination era for ps4.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Megaoverlord12 said:

Nintendo handhelds often have surprisingly low software to hardware ratios, largely because people who buy Nintendo handhelds largely only buy Nintendo games even on the DS, which had a tie in ratio around 5 games per system. PlayStation and Xbox gamers traditonally buy far more third party games, so the writing was on the wall. Congrats, I guess.

I would argue Nintendo handhelds having low software to hardware sales ratios not being suprising at all. you have a lot of people specifically picking it up for Mario Kart on the go or Pokemon or whatever and then not caring to get other stuff